An Active Family Getaway for Lasting Memories!
Designed for families with teenagers, this tour offers a personalized itinerary for a stress-free and unforgettable experience.
- This private tour covers all the destinations for the family's first trip to Egypt: Cairo with Giza Pyramids, Aswan, Luxor, and Hurghada.
- Your family-friendly guide will not only help you experience the unique culture and stunning historical sights but also ensure you capture the most cherished family memories with the best photos.
- In consideration of teenagers' enthusiasm for active outdoor activities, we replaced the regular 3-night slow-paced Nile River Cruise with a scenic Felucca ride, allowing more time for exciting adventures.
We are happy to customize this itinerary for your family by accommodating your specific interests, adjusting the scheduling, or planning special themed events and activities for occasions such as birthdays, marriage anniversaries, or children's entertainment.
from US$2,397 p/p
Families with teenagers
Domestic flights included, international on request
100% Refund 22 Days before Arrival
Journey Map (Suggested Route)
Brief Itinerary for 10 Days in Egypt
|Explore Cairo's Multi-generations of pyramids|
|Discover Aswan gems and enjoy a Felucca cruise|
|Unveil the Pharaohs' tombs and enjoy a hot air balloon ride|
|Hurghada desert Safari and beach ralaxation|
- Monica Mo
- 8 years of travel advisor experience
- Has helped 5,000+ clients
Our trip to Li Jiang and Shaxi Yunnan
We arrived at Lijiang on 9/8. We enjoyed the time in Lijiang a lot with good hotel selection and a well planned program. We went onto Shaxi for the local singing festival of the local minority groups. It was a fantastic experience. What makes the trip most memorable is our guide Alice. She took excellent care of us, anticipating our every need. She was personable, warm and very knowledgeable. We shared many laughters and traded stories. She brought smiles to us during the entire trip. We will specifically ask for her again when we come back to Yunnan. Five star service.More
Consumer, Sep 2023
Great trip around Shanghai
This was our first time ever visiting Shanghai so we wanted to see good places to go to and good food to eat in Shanghai. That's why we booked with China Highlights. They're very responsive and quick to arrange our 3 day trip. Our guide name is Qi and she is a very sweet and helpful person. She knew we wanted to explore many local foods, so she brought us some local breakfast foods when she picked us up from our hotel, just so we can try everything! She was knowledgeable as well about the culture and history of the places we went to. Will definitely recommend this tour and use China Highlights again for our next trip to China!More
Sherry, Sep 2023
Great way to see the city
Private tour with China highlights made seeing Xi'an super easy. We saved a lot of time with a private driver, and our guide Jenny took really good care of us, sending instructions for where to meet once getting off the train and made everything feel really safe and easy. She also accommodated a number of last minute changes to our itinerary without batting an eye. She was very patient, knowledgeable and friendly. It was great having a guide who grew up locally in the area to show us around (which is not always the case, from my previous experiences elsewhere). Would definitely recommend!More
Stephanie N, Sep 2023
One Day Beijing Trip (Great Wall, Summer Palace) With Jennifer
My tour guide Jennifer made this quick one day trip to Beijing great! The day started out a bit overcast and rainy when I landed, but Jennifer’s positive attitude and kind communication (along with her being able to keep up/put up with my jokes) made it fine.Despite this, Jennifer and our driver Chen were able to swing an extra photo shoot stop at the Olympic Stadium. I guess it gives me an excuse to come back to visit again, and when I do - I will use China Highlights and this great fantastic team.More
Alan Landau, Sep 2023
Mervyn is what we call a perfect tour guide!
Mervyn is what we call a perfect tour guide! She is extremely informative all the way through. She knows hers stuff and she is also enthusiastic, knowledgeable, personable and very willing to help. The whole day was perfect. A great amount of walking and a lots of physical activity ( hiking) and she was all smiling, accommodating and keeping us informative. She was absolutely the best tour guide we've ever encountered in China. Her English is perfect! Everything was so well organized. Her knowledge of the local culture and history is impressive. FantasticMore
pdaroundthewrorld, Sep 2023
Best Great Wall experience
Used China Highlights for a private all-day tour of Jinshanling portion of the Great Wall. One of the best days of my life! Tour guide Alan and a driver met me at my hotel and the ride was very comfortable. Alan was extremely knowledgable and friendly, I really enjoyed talking with him. The scenery was astoundingly beautiful; this is a less touristy portion of the Wall. The hiking was fun, Alan brought plenty of water, and showed me things I would not have noticed by myself. On the way back to the hotel, we stopped at a local restaurant for lunch that Alan had arranged - delicious! Once in a lifetime experience.More
LZviajera, Sep 2023
Our tour guide was Mervyn, and she was amazing! She had great knowledge of Xi'an and the silk road, and we learned so many things we didn't know before. The Muslim quarter is a must-see, with so many streets of food. Terracotta warriors were breathtaking. We did a Hanfu experience and enjoyed walking the city at night in our tang Dynasty outfits. We wish we spent more than 2 days here as there's so much to do. Definitely recommend this tour and will be visiting again!More
Laura A, Sep 2023
Unforgettable trip to Guilin
We enjoyed an incredible two day trip in Guilin, taking a brief half-day boat cruise on the Li River and cycling around Yangshuo in the afternoon with our guide Gary. Gary met us at the airport and made us feel very welcome, providing us with five-star service. He gave us a lot of insight about Guilin and the Guangxi region and even gave us a tai chi lesson on the boat. He provided us excellent dining suggestions for the evening as well as suggestions of things to do. Thank you Gary for making our trip to Guilin so memorable!More
Regis B, Sep 2023
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
We were paired with great guides on every city, very knowleadgeble and hardworking people that made our trip fabulous. Jack in Beijing was brilliant and very resourceful making sure we enjoyed the city even when he wasn't with us. In Xi'An we were paired with Crystal that was incredibly smart and made sure we felt we had not only a guide but a friend to rely on in Xi'An, we loved how she made sure we tried the best food and fruit available and helped us from arrival to departure from Xi'An. Finally, kudos to Gary (Wei Li) that worked with us in Guiling and Yangshuo. Gary is a local to Guiling and truly proud of his city and origins. We learned a lot from him and he trully went above and beyond to ensure we had a great time in Guiling adjusting the itinerary to our liking and taking time to explain everything. On our flight out of Guiling we had a bit of an issue with our tickets (booked by ourselves) and Gary promptly lent a hand to help us sort it out with the airport staff, trully a champion. If you are heading to Guiling with Chinahighlights, make sure to have Gary as your guide.More
Moises, Sep 2023
Our guide, Linda, was by far the best person to have for our tours of The Forbidden City, Tianamen Square, and Mutianyu Great Wall. She was an encyclopedia with great knowledge of Chinese History and was able to explain every detail of what we were seeing. She picked us up with a very nice car and driver from our hotel both days, at the time most convenient to us, and dropped us back off wherever we wanted at the end of our tours. Both the Forbidden City and the Great Wall are marvels of human and Chinese achievements and are a must to see in Beijing. Visiting them both with a tour guide that feels more like a friend was certainly helping enjoying it even more.More
Robin Z, Sep 2023
Stunning Yellow Mountain and beautiful Ancient Villages
We had the most fantastic experience with our tour guide, Jack Fan, who is very knowledgeable about the Yellow Mountain and was able to get us quickly to the most stunning highlights. He was our "photographer" anytime we wanted a photo and that was very often. We made the most of our time having him guiding us. He was truly the mountain man as he is a local there. He is very passionate about what he does. He loves history, nature, and travel, which is a must for a guide. He provided historical facts about the stunning Ancient villages at Hong Cun and Xidi. He answered any questions we had about history, nature, and current things we had. I felt like he was a professor, and we were his students in a very good way. He was NEVER late, and neither was our driver. They never bought us anywhere to "sell" us things. He took us to buy tea only when we asked to buy a specific tea, staying much later than he should have! I wanted to check out lotus and rice fields, which was not on the itinerary, but he squeezed it in for us. We were very well taken care of. I highly recommend Jack for a tour guide who speaks English.More
annemompt, Sep 2023
An Unforgettable Tibetan Adventure - Qinghai Train Ride Y971
I recently embarked on an unforgettable journey to Tibet, a land steeped in mysticism and rich cultural heritage. My train trip on the famous scenic Qinghai route on train Y971 Lhasa played a significant role in making this trip an extraordinary experience.Upon my arrival in Lhasa via an overnight train, I was warmly welcomed by the guide assigned Tenzin Lhatse. He had waited for more than 3 hours as he was not informed there was a change in the train schedule. Nontheless, it did not dampen his warm attitude and the seamless transferfrom the train station to the hotel set a positive tone for my stay.The highlight of my stay was undoubtedly the visit to the iconic Potala Palace. The sheer grandeur and architectural brilliance of this historic site left me in awe. The guidance of my knowledgeable tour guide, who revealed the stories behind each shrine, enriched my experience. However, the strict visitor limits and rules underscored the importance of preserving this ancient marvel. The Old Barkhor Street Walking Tour was a journey through time. From Jokhang Temple to the bustling local market, each stop offered insights into Tibetan daily life and folk customs. The Pandatsang Compound's history and the cup of Tibetan sweet tea at Ani Tsangkhung Nunnery added unique flavors to the tour.Overall, my journey through Tibet was an incredible odyssey into a world of spirituality, culture, and natural beauty. I'm glad to have taken this step with my wife to challenge the train ride which was totally worthy of this lifetime.More
GOH-family-tours, Sep 2023
Wonderful trip to the Chinese Silk Road
Special shout out to our guide for the Gansu leg, Helen, who was the most caring guide we have come across in all of our travels. Make sure you ask for her!More
ED, Sep 2023
Fantastic first trip in Shanghai
My partner and I were visiting China for the first time. Our tour guide was Martin, who was friendly and very knowledgeable. He adjusted the tour to our needs and gave us an extensive tour of Shanghai as well as many fascinating insights on China. He also went above and beyond and offered us plenty of recommendations on what to do in the evenings, how to get there, and even made bookings for us. Martin, thanks again!More
Regis, Sep 2023
Yangshuo is magical from the misty…
The guide Lily has a great knowledge in hidden gems and the history about the places. Very memorable experience that i have thanks to them.More
Dony Yugo, Sep 2023
Beijing is AMAZING
Linda Wang our amazing tour guide helped us to have an unforgettable trip to all the best of Beijing. From organizing the driver (also excellent) to drop us/pick us up exactly when we were leaving busy tourist sites, excellent food recommendations, fascinating knowledge relevant to us and our children (13yo and 11yo) making The Forbidden City, Tiannamen Square, Great Wall, Beijing Zoo and The Hutongs thoroughly enjoyable. Handling all the entrance/exit passport and ticket requirements, interpreting, answering any questions we had about local culture, we were so comfortable and happy, never rushed, everything you could want and more.More
Michelle A, Sep 2023
Incredible 2 day tour of Jiuzhaiguo
Our tour guide Mary spoke perfect English, was so nice to us and took us to all the best sights in Jiuzhaiguo. It was an unforgettable tour with incredible views!More
Declan O, Sep 2023
Helen is the best Panda tour guide going around!
I had a fantastic Panda tour with Helen in Chengdu City. From the moment she picked me up, my energy was low from a heap of travelling, but Helen quickly brought me up a notch with her breathtaking passion for Pandas. Not only did she provide a fantastic experience accommodating my every need, but she was also a genuinely kind and joyful company to tour the city with. I can't recommend Helen enough - you won't regret it!More
Isaac C, Sep 2023
Two days in Xi’an
What an amazing few days in Xi’an! Our guide Jenny was first class - very knowledgeable and very helpful, she went out of her way to make sure we had the best experience like ordering us coffees & food and booking dinners for us. The highlight was of course visiting the Terracotta Warriors, but we also really enjoyed visiting a local family to make dumplings. Can’t recommend this trip and Jenny enough!More
Marvin K, Sep 2023
Fantastic experiences in Guilin and the beautiful surroundings together with Vincent.
Go44854472794, Sep 2023
- Step into the captivating realm of Egypt as you arrive! Our dedicated representative will be eagerly waiting at the airport to welcome you and offer guidance in obtaining your Egyptian Visa on Arrival.
- Indulge in a delightful and enlightening introduction to Egypt during your exclusive airport transfer accompanied by our well-informed representative.
- Begin the day by exploring some of the earliest examples of Pyramid architecture in Saqqara and Dahshur, including the Step Pyramid, Bent Pyramid, and the Red Pyramid.
- Take a Camel Ride for a more-memorable experience of exploring the Giza pyramids(about 30 minutes).
- Witness the majestic Great Pyramids on the Giza plateau, an awe-inspiring representation of ancient Egypt's civilization.
- Enter the Pyramid of Khafre and explore the secret chambers inside.
- Discover the captivating beauty of the Great Sphinx that once mesmerized Napoleon, presenting a striking scene against the vast desert backdrop.
Do all pyramids embody the same size and identical shapes?
Through GH's special arrangement, we will visit the Step, Bent, and Red Pyramids, granting a unique opportunity to witness the fascinating evolution of pyramids throughout history and delve deeper into the mysteries they hold.
- Discover the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, a remarkable repository showcasing the treasures of ancient Egypt, including the famed Tutankhamun collection.
- Embark on a delightful Cairo foodie with your private guide, and become acquainted with the city's lively essence and flavors.
- Venture into the Khan el-Khalili Bazaar and immerse yourself in a maze of local shops.
Which of Egypt's three museums is worth your visit: Museum of Antiquities, Civilization, or GEM?
Our Egypt Specialist will deliver a customized itinerary tailored to your individual needs.
- A private transfer to Cairo Airport for your flight to Aswan is provided.
- Upon your arrival at Aswan Airport, meet your guide and visit the High Dam. Witness the High Dam, a monumental engineering marvel forming Lake Nasser and symbolizing modern Egypt's progress, showcasing human engineering prowess and the ability to shape the natural environment.
- Discover the Temple of Philae, harmoniously combining Egyptian, Greek, and Roman architectural styles across different periods of construction, offering insights into ancient Egypt's religious and mythological beliefs.
- Enjoy a 1-hour Scenic Felucca Ride around Elephantine Island and have a distance look of the colourful houses of Nubian Village.
- Spend the night in your cozy Aswan hotel.
- After breakfast, meet the guide and enjoy a scenic ride to Luxor.
- Explore the Kom Ombo Temple, a unique double-design temple dedicated to two sets of gods, and marvel at this architectural wonder.
- Discover the temple on right side which holds the significance of Crocodile Mummies representing the power and authority of Sobek.
- Take a charming horse carriage ride to discover the fantastically well-preserved Temple of Horus, renowned as the Edfu Temple.
- Venture deeper into the Edfu temple to discover the exquisite halls adorned with intricate carvings and the sacred statue of Horus.
- Luxor hotel checks in and explore the city at your pace.
- After breakfast, discover the stunning West and East Banks of Luxor with your guide.
- Explore Valley of the Kings and learn about ancient Egyptian funerary practices by entering three of the royal tombs.
- Discover the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut which is the only pharaoh's temple on the west bank of the Nile river.
- Have a photo stop at the massive Colossi of Memnon.
- Encounter the awe-inspiring Karnak Temple complex. Marvel at its grandeur, with towering pillars, intricate hieroglyphics, majestic statues, and magnificent chapels.
- Experience a night tour of Luxor Temple, capturing captivating photos of illuminated statues and walls, followed by a one-hour horse carriage ride through old streets, markets, and the Nile corniche.
- Spend the night in your Luxor hotel.
- Meet the representative and be transferred to the meeting point for a 45-minute shared hot air balloon ride, where you can experience the breathtaking beauty of Luxor's ancient landmarks and desert landscapes.
- Afterwards, return to the hotel to indulge in a delightful breakfast and enjoy some leisure time.
- Meet your personal representative and driver, and proceed to the exquisite Hurghada resort alongside the Red Sea.
- After your arrival, proceed to check-in at the hotel and delight in a day of leisure
- The tour leader will meet you at your resort and guide you on a small-group safari tour to visit a Bedouin Village.
- Drive through the mountains to the Village in 4x4 Jeep, and discover Bedouin life and traditions.
- Ride a camel and a quad bike to explore the area and witness the amazing sunset views.
- Enjoy a barbecue dinner before heading back to your resort.
- Indulge in a relaxing day at a breathtaking Red Sea beach, where you can unwind and immerse yourself in the serene surroundings. Alternatively, you can also experience the exhilaration of an Aqua Park.
- Enjoy a hassle-free private transfer to Hurghada Airport, connecting with Cairo airport for your flight back home.
start planning your tailor-made trip with 1-1 help from our travel advisors.
Steigenberger Hotel Cairo
Tolip Aswan Hotel
Steigenberger Palace Luxor
Titanic Palace Hurghada
Marriott Mena House
Nile cruise with veranda
*Price from: $1,890 per child, $2,397 per adult
*The price is based on a family of 3 adults with 1 child below 12 years old. If your family has 6 or more members, we can offer an even competitive price than what is stated. (tour code: gh-eg-5)
Your 1:1 travel consultant will reply within 1 working day. Over 50% of our clients complete their bookings within 10 days of submitting their inquiry.
Why Travel with Global Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 15-Day Morocco and Egypt Highlights Tour
- 24-Day Panoramic Middle East Bible Journey
- 12-Day Journey Through Egypt and Jordan's Ancient Lands
- 18-Day Egypt Jordan and Israel's Treasures Discovery Tour
- 2-Week Egypt and Jordan Family Adventure Tour
- 15-Day Best of Israel Jordan and Egypt Family Tour
- Middle East Tours 2023/2024: Personalized and Stress-free
- 12-Day Egypt Luxury Tour with Abu Simbel
- 9-Day Egypt Tour with Mount Sinai
- How to Plan a Trip to the Middle East 2023/2024 & Itinerary Ideas
- How to Plan a Trip to Israel and Jordan in 2023/2024
- 2-Week Jordan and Israel Itineraries for First-Timers
- How to Plan a Trip to Egypt and Jordan in 2023/2024
- Best and Worst Times to Visit the Middle East in 2023/2024
- Planning a 2-Week Egypt Itinerary 2023/2024: Best 5 Options
- Best and Worst Times to Visit Egypt 2023/2024
- How to Plan a Family Trip to Egypt in 2023/2024
- How to Plan a 10-Day Egypt Itinerary (Best 4 in 2023/2024)
- How to Plan a 3-Week Egypt Itinerary (2023/2024)
- Egypt Trip Cost 2023/2024, the Most Expensive & Cheapest Times
- How Long to Spend in Egypt: Itineraries for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in January 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in February 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in March 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in April 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in May 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in June 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in July 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in August 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in September 2023: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in October 2023: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in November 2023: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in December 2023: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips