As neighbors, Jordan and Israel are a popular combo for Middle East trips. Two weeks are ideal to explore their iconic landmarks.
But how do you balance your interests with your time during a 2-week Jordan and Israel tour? Usually, most couples or families prefer to spend more time in Jordan for diverse experiences. While, if you're more interested in a pilgrimage-style trip, more time in Israel is recommended. To discover more of the Middle East, combining these countries with Egypt is also a good choice.
The following three well-organized itinerary suggestions showcase the above themes. We're happy to tailor these itineraries just for you, whether you're celebrating a graduation, a special romantic occasion, or enjoying retirement.
Itinerary 1: A Classic 2-Week Jordan and Israel Itinerary for Couples/Families
This itinerary ideally balances cultural immersion, nature adventures, and relaxing beach time for family trips and romantic getaways.
You'll experience the holy land of Israel, then discover the secrets of the Dead Sea, marvel at the splendid Rose City of Petra, and uncover the hidden gems of the Mars-like Wadi Rum in Jordan. For an energetic-to-relaxed tour pace, we have thoughtfully concluded your trip on the beaches near the Red Sea in Jordan.
Check out the following 2-week Israel and Jordan tour:
5 Days in Israel
- Days 1–2 in Tel Aviv (the ancient city of Jaffa, Carmel Market, and Tel Aviv Museum of Art)
- Days 3–5: in Jerusalem (the Mount of Olives, the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, a food-hunting tour, and the Israel Museum)
In Israel, Tel Aviv showcases the bustling modern life and coastal charm of Israel, while Jerusalem is the cultural and religious center of Israel. For more family fun, you and your teenage kids could cycle along the seaside biking trails in Tel Aviv and embark on a food journey into the hidden alleys.
Discover real reviews of Highlights Travel Family's best-rated service across trusted platforms.
Mi esposo y yo, tuvimos la oportunidad de visitar la hermosa ciudad de Xian, la muralla de la ciudad, los guerreros de terracota, el barrio musulmán, todo esto con la mejor guia del mundo mundial!!! Susana, quien aparte de ser super simpática, tiene un gran conocimiento de la ciudad, la historia de los lugares y monumentos y aparte está siempre al pendiente de cualquier cosa que necesites y va más allá par hacerte tener una experiencia excelente, nos quedamos con ganas de regresar. Gracias x todo!!More
Betty A, Feb 2024
Shanghai is an amazing mix of modern and historical China. Our guide Kris was great and very flexible when it came to completing the itinerary which was helpful considering the poor weather + visibility on the first day when we were supposed to visit Shanghai tower. Walking along the river front (bund) area was a big highlight for us.More
Explore49612084715, Feb 2024
We traveled to Shanghai in Jan/Feb 2024 with China Highlights. Shanghai is an amazing mix of modern and historical China. Our guide Kris was great and very flexible when it came to completing the itinerary which was helpful considering the poor weather + visibility on the first day when we were supposed to visit Shanghai tower. Walking along the river front (bund) area was a big highlight for us.More
Lydia, Feb 2024
Shanghai trip for Mihail
Me and my wife had a trip to China and part of it we spent in Shanghai. Our private tour guide was Kris Lee and I have to say he was very much up for the task. His knowledge of China's history was quite comprehensive and more than I could have expected. If only I could have that kind of memory. His level of English exceeded my expectations and that of course served us very well not only in understanding the Chinese culture, traditions, way of life, etc, but also allowed us to order meals, drinks, make purchases, ask whatever questions coming to mind, making us comfortable to experience the place without the inherent language issues we could have had otherwise. All in all Kris Lee is certainly an asset for any travel agency from ChinaMore
Mihail D, Feb 2024
Mi esposo y yo, tuvimos la oportunidad de visitar la hermosa ciudad de Xian, la muralla de la ciudad, los guerreros de terracota, el barrio musulmán, todo esto con la mejor guia del mundo mundial!!! Susana, quien aparte de ser super simpática, tiene un gran conocimiento de la ciudad, la historia de los lugares y monumentos y aparte está siempre al pendiente de cualquier cosa que necesites y va más allá par hacerte tener una experiencia excelente, nos quedamos con ganas de regresar. Gracias x todo!!
Daisy was our guide for 3 days in Dali. She was the best guide we have had in China. She was very warm. Just like a close friend. She was extremely knowledgeable about the culture and history of the area. She took many pictures of us even without our asking her to.Her English was excellent!More
David, Feb 2024
Daisy was an amazing guide
Daisy was an amazing guide. She took us to the old town, on a boat ride, and to Sha xi. She was very warm. She explained everything in detail and answered all of our questions. She made us feel very welcome.More
文 文, Feb 2024
1 Day in Beijing
Nice views, Not too much people, Jessi (guide ) so friendly and she have a great service & she knows the answer of all your questionsMore
Fernando J, Feb 2024
Zhangjiajie/ Spectacular scenery and great taste of local culture.
Zhangjiajie immediately went to the top of our list of natural attractions in the world. The landscapes are fascinating and unique. We really valued the guidance by China Highlights. Roger was good accommodating to our needs during the planning phase. In the actual trip Linda provided us with knowledgeable and passionate guidance. She was very personable and respectful at the same time. Her advice was critical to be able to see so much - as in every park or area there are multiple buses to move around. She showed us the best spots at the best time.Local restaurant selection was good. One piece of advice- make sure to specify how much spice you enjoy in your food. Local food can be quite spicy.More
Raul C Mexico city, Jan 2024
Private trip in Beijing and Luoyang
We spent 3 days in Beijing with Helen as our guide. We went to TianAnMen, Forbidden City and MuTianYu Great Wall to name a few. Helen took great care of us and is very attentive as I travel with my 60+ years old parents, from asking whether we need restroom breaks to making sure that our lunch were all according to our dietary needsMore
Iriana Iriana, Jan 2024
An excellent day with Linda
Linda (Ling ling)is a great tour guide,provide a lot of knowledge and history of the great wall,and took us to taste very delicious food too,we had a very good time with her!highly recommend her!More
Angeline Lim, Jan 2024
Great time in Beijing with Bruce
We stayed in Beijing for three days altogether. We went to the summer palace. the Tian'an'men square, the Forbidden City,the Temple of heaven and the Great Wall. Our tour guide Bruce is very friendly and speaks English fluently. He explained every scenic spot to us patiently and humorously. my family are very satisfied with his service.More
Mayra C, Jan 2024
Profesional and detail oriented
My last stop was Shanghai. I was greeted by Martin. It is pretty much a 1 day itinerary there. Martin took me to all the stops and introduced me to a cool tea house not on the agenda. With the extra time we had we also stopped Starbuck’s Reserve which is the largest in the world. Martin also helped me make reservations at the Old Jazz Club at the Fairmont Hotel.More
Megan Sandbothe, Jan 2024
We recently spent 4 days with Alvin hosting us throughout Huangshan, Tunxi and Hongcun. The scenery was spectacular, hotels quirky, food excellent and knowledge and passion from Alvin was so invaluable and also fun! Would highly recommend.More
Joanne, Jan 2024
Great couple days in Shanghai. Thanks to my guide Martin for showing me best of Shanghai. Great work by China team - trip very well organised.More
Steve P, Jan 2024
Amazing experience !!!
Great tour! Very flexible and our tour guide Chris was so amazing that he adjusted to our last time request there! I totally recommend this tour !!More
Victor A, Jan 2024
Private trip in Beijing and Luoyang
We spent 3 days in Beijing with Helen as our guide. We went to TianAnMen, Forbidden City and MuTianYu Great Wall to name a few. Helen took great care of us and is very attentive as I travel with my 60+ years old parents, from asking whether we need restroom breaks to making sure that our lunch were all according to our dietary needs. We had great 3 days in Beijing.We also visited Luoyang. Our travel advisor arranged a Business class seat for our high speed train to Luoyang. We were picked up at the station by our guide in Luoyang, Lisa. We then visited Dengfeng to see Songyang academy, shaolin temple, Luoyang grottoes. She also took care of us very well and very knowledgeable about the history.More
, Jan 2024
2 days in the mountains
Alvin was attentive and good company. He went to the extra effort to show us things we were interested in viewing and provided detailed information.More
Robert Fleming, Jan 2024
Amazing trip in China
Guides were Mark in Beijing, Jenny in Xi’an, Frank in Guilin/Yangshuo and Kris and Peter in Shanghai. I can’t say enough how wonderful each of them were to us. They worked very hard to give us a five star tour. The drivers were five star as well. Our hotels were very clean and wonderful with a great breakfast buffet each morning. Our guides would take us to a great locals place for lunch each day and then dinner we were on our own, but each guide would give us fantastic places to go. I know without a doubt our trip was exceptional due to booking with Liberman at China Highlights Tour Company.More
Mary Ann Brady, Jan 2024
China Highlights is Excellent
Jenny was the tour guide in Xian, showed us the terracota warriors found in 1974 by a farmer behind a mountain masoleum, with projected ongoing excavations for next 100 years. Made clay model terracota warriors.Jenny is very enthusiastic and bubbly, helped us all the way, from picking up us from train station to dropping us off at the airport.More
Brahma P, Jan 2024
Datong, China's best kept secret!
I've had multiple guides for different locations with China highlights but Joy was exceptional. She was easy to talk to, super knowledgeable and also amazingly organised. When visiting the Yungang grottoes not only did I get wonderful explanations of the symbolism of the cave carvings and history of the art styles but Joy even prepared a notepad for the commemorative stamps available there so that I had a souvenir to tax home with me.More
Kris, Jan 2024
9 Days in Jordan
- Days 8–9 in Petra (hike through the sandstone city of Petra and see Petra By Night)
- Days 10–11 in Wadi Rum (a desert safari and camping)
- Days 12–14 in Aqaba (your choice of beach activities at the Red Sea: snorkeling, sunbathing, swimming…)
In Jordan, your kids could float on the Dead Sea to practice the concepts of buoyancy they've learned in textbooks. When camping in the desert, you and your partner could indulge in tranquil private hours, savor romantic candle-lit dinners, and enjoy stargazing together. Our carefully chosen boutique hotel, with its bubble-shaped design, ensures both comfort and easy access to breathtaking sunrises and sunsets.
Beach vacations are ideal as part of family trips or romantic getaways. While both Jordan and Israel boast stunning beaches, we highly recommend Jordan as it's the more budget-friendly option. You can enjoy a similar experience while saving up to half the cost compared to Israel. For family trips during Christmas and the New Year, departing before December 20th is beneficial for obtaining cheaper international flight tickets.
Itinerary 2: A 14-Day Bible-Place-Filled Israel and Jordan Itinerary for Pilgrimage-Makers
If you're planning a pilgrimage trip to Jordan and Israel, don't miss out on this itinerary's suggestions.
With this Bible-based trip, you'd wander around holy Jerusalem, venture into Galilee to explore the sites where Jesus preached, discover the Jordan River baptismal site, and hike up Mount Nebo.
View the following well-organized Jordan–Israel itinerary for inspiration:
6 Days in Jordan
- Days 1–2 Amman (the Citadel, the Roman Theater, and the ancient city of Jerash)
- Days 3–4 in Petra (Mount Nebo, Saint George's Church in Madaba, the Siq, the Treasury, the Monastery, and Petra by Night)
- Days 5–6 by the Dead Sea (Hadrian's Arch and Bethany Beyond the Jordan)
You can check more activities in our 7-Day Jordan Highlights Tour>>>
8 Days in Israel
- Days 7–8: Tiberias (a cruise tour of the Sea of Galilee, the Golan Heights, and the Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth)
- Day 9: Haifa (the Baha'i Gardens and the German Colony)
- Day 10: Tel Aviv (the ancient city of Jaffa with a sunset dinner and Neve Tzedek)
- Days 11–14: Jerusalem (the Western Wall and its tunnels, the Via Dolorosa, the Mount of Olives, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, a spectacular night view, and a day trip to Bethlehem)
Religious sites in Israel and Jordan may have different operating hours and accessibility on Fridays and Saturdays due to the observance of the Sabbath and other religious holidays. Always with first-hand news, our travel experts would create the best plan for you!
Are you finding it challenging to plan a pilgrimage tour to Jordan and Israel? Contact us and we will customize the itinerary to cater to your interests, as well as any other preferences or wishes you might have.
If you want a longer pilgrimage trip in the Middle East, you can get more inspiration from our 24-Day Grand Middle East Bible Journey.
Itinerary 3: Egypt, Jordan, and Israel in 2 Weeks — a Diverse Middle East Experience
This itinerary is specially designed for those looking to experiencing the diversity of the Middle East in 2 weeks. Bordering each other, you could easily travel between these three countries.
As well as the must-sees in Jordan and Israel, you'll step back in time and have a date with ancient Egypt, including the majestic pyramids and significant temples along the Nile. After a week-long cultural and outdoorsy trip, what could be better than refreshing yourselves on a leisurely Nile cruise for 5 days?
You could check out the following carefully-crafted itinerary for inspiration, with 3 days in Israel, 4 days in Jordan, and 7 days in Egypt:
- Days 1–3 in Jerusalem (the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Mount of Olives, a sound and light show)
- Days 4–5 at the Dead Sea in Jordan (Bethany Beyond the Jordan, floating on the Dead Sea, a day trip to Amman with a food tour and ancient relics)
- Days 6–7 in Petra (hiking through the sandstone city of Petra, Petra by Night, a day-trip excursion to Wadi Rum)
- Days 8–9 in Cairo (the Giza pyramid complex with a camel ride, the Great Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, a food tour, the Khan el-Khalili market, and the El Tannoura dance show)
- Days 10–11 on a Nile cruise from Luxor (cruise check-in, the Luxor Temple, the Karnak temple complex, the Valley of the Kings, the temple of Queen Hatshepsut, and the Colossi of Memnon)
- Day 12 on the Nile cruise (the Temple of Kom Ombo and the Temple of Horus in Edfu)
- Days 13–14 finishing the Nile cruise in Aswan (a city tour to visit the Aswan High Dam, the Philae temple complex, the Unfinished Obelisk, and Abu Simbel; cruise check-out)
In Egypt, your trip would not be complete without seeing the pyramids and enjoying a Nile cruise. Our carefully-selected dahabiya has just 5–6 cabins, so you'd be away from chaotic tour groups and could enjoy more quality time alone.
To create lifelong memories, we are experienced in customizing exclusive moments for you:
- If you're traveling with teenagers, they may be excited about a camel ride around the pyramids, hunting food in a local bazaar, and the El Tannoura dance show.
- If you're going as a couple, photogenic sunrise balloon ride over Luxor and a sunset felucca sailing trip along the Nile are the best backdrops for once-in-a-lifetime romantic occasions!
If you would like some leisurely beach time, consider extending your trip to the more-cost-effective Hurghada in Egypt or Eilat in Jordan for 3–4 days.
How Much Does a 2-Week Jordan and Israel Tour Cost?
You can expect a Western-like cost in Israel, which is about twice that of Jordan. If you take a private tour, the costs in Israel are the highest at US$500+ per day per person, while a private Jordan tour falls in the range of US$200–300 per day per person. Children under 10 can receive discounts of between 30% and 50%.
Specializing in customized private tours, we are experts at optimizing your costs. For example, we usually suggest exploring the Dead Sea and the Red Sea in Jordan. That way, you can enjoy almost the same experiences at these natural wonders, but you can save 30–50% in Jordan. Booking with us 1 year in advance is beneficial to get early-bird benefits.
Personalizing Your Middle East Trips With Us
You are warmly welcomed to have us customize your own trip based on your group size, interests, and other needs. Sit back and use our Create My Trip service.
You could also get inspiration from our handpicked tours:
Why Travel with Global Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 12-Day Journey Through Egypt and Jordan's Ancient Lands
- 2-Week Egypt and Jordan Family Adventure Tour
- 15-Day Best of Israel Jordan and Egypt Family Tour
- 15-Day Morocco and Egypt Highlights Tour
- 18-Day Egypt Jordan and Israel's Treasures Discovery Tour
- 24-Day Panoramic Middle East Bible Journey
- Thailand Tours
- Vietnam Tours 2024/2025: Unique Personalized Experiences
- Top Private Turkey Tours 2024/2025: Personalized and Stress-free
- How to Plan a 7-Day Itinerary in Israel and Jordan
- How to Plan a 7-Day Egypt and Jordan Itinerary (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a 10-Day Israel, Jordan, Egypt Itinerary
- How to Plan a 2-Week Itinerary in Egypt and Jordan
- 2-Week Jordan and Israel Itineraries for First-Timers
- How to Plan a 2-Week Egypt, Jordan, and Israel Trip: the Top 2 Itinerary Ideas
- 3-Week Itineraries to Egypt, Jordan, and Israel for First-Timers
- How to Plan a Trip to the Middle East 2024/2025 & Itinerary Ideas
- How to Plan a Trip to Egypt and Jordan in 2024/2025
- How to Plan a Trip to Egypt, Jordan, and Israel in 2024/2025
- How Long to Spend in the Middle East 2024: Itinerary Guide
- Best and Worst Times to Visit the Middle East in 2024/2025
- Weather in Egypt in January 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in February 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in March 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in April 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in May 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in June 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in July 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in August 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in September: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in October 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in November 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in December 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers