For first-timers who want to experience the Middle East, a cross-border journey through Israel, Jordan, and Egypt is one of the most popular options.
Not only are these countries the safest countries in the Middle East but they also offer various experiences, including but not limited to relaxation, history, nature's beauty, and religion, which are perfect for families and couples.
However, planning a trip to visit three countries within 10 days could be challenging. Read on to see our travel advice and itineraries, which have been designed to meet various needs and interests.
- Where to Go in 10 Days in Israel, Jordan, and Egypt
- Itinerary 1: A 10-Day Classic Itinerary Covering Israel, Jordan, and Egypt
- Itinerary 2: A 10-Day Relaxing Itinerary Embracing Israel, Jordan, and Egypt
- Itinerary 3: A 10-Day Biblical Itinerary Traversing Israel, Jordan, and Egypt
- How Much Does a 10-Day Trip to Israel, Jordan, and Egypt Cost?
Where to Go in 10 Days in Israel, Jordan, and Egypt
Generally speaking, 10 days is not enough to fully explore Jordan, Israel, and Egypt's highlights but, luckily, most of them are clustered around a few cities/areas, so you could see the main attractions.
For the most reasonable route plan and to save your limited time, we'd like to recommend that you spend 4–5 days in Egypt, 3–4 days in Jordan, and 2–3 days in Israel.
- In Egypt, Cairo with its iconic pyramids is considered a must-visit destination for a first trip to Egypt. If time permits, taking a Nile cruise between Luxor and Aswan while visiting the attractions alongside would be a good option.
- In Jordan, the Dead Sea and Petra are the most popular sites for first-timers. Exploring the Wadi Rum desert for its unique moon-like landscape would be a good choice if you have more time in Jordan.
- In Israel, Jerusalem is definitely not to be missed for its special history and being the holiest city. Haifa (the Hanging Gardens) and the Sea of Galilee (where it is believed Jesus walked on water) are also worth a day trip.
Due to limited flights from America or Europe to Jordan, and the fact that Jordan shares land borders with Israel and Egypt, it's recommended to start your trip either from Egypt or Israel.
If you have a preference and want to prolong the time spent in a specific country but would like some help planning your trip, please feel free to contact us and we will make a private tour plan that meets all of your needs.
Discover real reviews of Highlights Travel Family's best-rated service across trusted platforms.
Mi esposo y yo, tuvimos la oportunidad de visitar la hermosa ciudad de Xian, la muralla de la ciudad, los guerreros de terracota, el barrio musulmán, todo esto con la mejor guia del mundo mundial!!! Susana, quien aparte de ser super simpática, tiene un gran conocimiento de la ciudad, la historia de los lugares y monumentos y aparte está siempre al pendiente de cualquier cosa que necesites y va más allá par hacerte tener una experiencia excelente, nos quedamos con ganas de regresar. Gracias x todo!!More
Betty A, Feb 2024
Shanghai is an amazing mix of modern and historical China. Our guide Kris was great and very flexible when it came to completing the itinerary which was helpful considering the poor weather + visibility on the first day when we were supposed to visit Shanghai tower. Walking along the river front (bund) area was a big highlight for us.More
Explore49612084715, Feb 2024
We traveled to Shanghai in Jan/Feb 2024 with China Highlights. Shanghai is an amazing mix of modern and historical China. Our guide Kris was great and very flexible when it came to completing the itinerary which was helpful considering the poor weather + visibility on the first day when we were supposed to visit Shanghai tower. Walking along the river front (bund) area was a big highlight for us.More
Lydia, Feb 2024
Shanghai trip for Mihail
Me and my wife had a trip to China and part of it we spent in Shanghai. Our private tour guide was Kris Lee and I have to say he was very much up for the task. His knowledge of China's history was quite comprehensive and more than I could have expected. If only I could have that kind of memory. His level of English exceeded my expectations and that of course served us very well not only in understanding the Chinese culture, traditions, way of life, etc, but also allowed us to order meals, drinks, make purchases, ask whatever questions coming to mind, making us comfortable to experience the place without the inherent language issues we could have had otherwise. All in all Kris Lee is certainly an asset for any travel agency from ChinaMore
Mihail D, Feb 2024
Mi esposo y yo, tuvimos la oportunidad de visitar la hermosa ciudad de Xian, la muralla de la ciudad, los guerreros de terracota, el barrio musulmán, todo esto con la mejor guia del mundo mundial!!! Susana, quien aparte de ser super simpática, tiene un gran conocimiento de la ciudad, la historia de los lugares y monumentos y aparte está siempre al pendiente de cualquier cosa que necesites y va más allá par hacerte tener una experiencia excelente, nos quedamos con ganas de regresar. Gracias x todo!!
Daisy was our guide for 3 days in Dali. She was the best guide we have had in China. She was very warm. Just like a close friend. She was extremely knowledgeable about the culture and history of the area. She took many pictures of us even without our asking her to.Her English was excellent!More
David, Feb 2024
Daisy was an amazing guide
Daisy was an amazing guide. She took us to the old town, on a boat ride, and to Sha xi. She was very warm. She explained everything in detail and answered all of our questions. She made us feel very welcome.More
文 文, Feb 2024
1 Day in Beijing
Nice views, Not too much people, Jessi (guide ) so friendly and she have a great service & she knows the answer of all your questionsMore
Fernando J, Feb 2024
Zhangjiajie/ Spectacular scenery and great taste of local culture.
Zhangjiajie immediately went to the top of our list of natural attractions in the world. The landscapes are fascinating and unique. We really valued the guidance by China Highlights. Roger was good accommodating to our needs during the planning phase. In the actual trip Linda provided us with knowledgeable and passionate guidance. She was very personable and respectful at the same time. Her advice was critical to be able to see so much - as in every park or area there are multiple buses to move around. She showed us the best spots at the best time.Local restaurant selection was good. One piece of advice- make sure to specify how much spice you enjoy in your food. Local food can be quite spicy.More
Raul C Mexico city, Jan 2024
Private trip in Beijing and Luoyang
We spent 3 days in Beijing with Helen as our guide. We went to TianAnMen, Forbidden City and MuTianYu Great Wall to name a few. Helen took great care of us and is very attentive as I travel with my 60+ years old parents, from asking whether we need restroom breaks to making sure that our lunch were all according to our dietary needsMore
Iriana Iriana, Jan 2024
An excellent day with Linda
Linda (Ling ling)is a great tour guide,provide a lot of knowledge and history of the great wall,and took us to taste very delicious food too,we had a very good time with her!highly recommend her!More
Angeline Lim, Jan 2024
Great time in Beijing with Bruce
We stayed in Beijing for three days altogether. We went to the summer palace. the Tian'an'men square, the Forbidden City,the Temple of heaven and the Great Wall. Our tour guide Bruce is very friendly and speaks English fluently. He explained every scenic spot to us patiently and humorously. my family are very satisfied with his service.More
Mayra C, Jan 2024
Profesional and detail oriented
My last stop was Shanghai. I was greeted by Martin. It is pretty much a 1 day itinerary there. Martin took me to all the stops and introduced me to a cool tea house not on the agenda. With the extra time we had we also stopped Starbuck’s Reserve which is the largest in the world. Martin also helped me make reservations at the Old Jazz Club at the Fairmont Hotel.More
Megan Sandbothe, Jan 2024
We recently spent 4 days with Alvin hosting us throughout Huangshan, Tunxi and Hongcun. The scenery was spectacular, hotels quirky, food excellent and knowledge and passion from Alvin was so invaluable and also fun! Would highly recommend.More
Joanne, Jan 2024
Great couple days in Shanghai. Thanks to my guide Martin for showing me best of Shanghai. Great work by China team - trip very well organised.More
Steve P, Jan 2024
Amazing experience !!!
Great tour! Very flexible and our tour guide Chris was so amazing that he adjusted to our last time request there! I totally recommend this tour !!More
Victor A, Jan 2024
Private trip in Beijing and Luoyang
We spent 3 days in Beijing with Helen as our guide. We went to TianAnMen, Forbidden City and MuTianYu Great Wall to name a few. Helen took great care of us and is very attentive as I travel with my 60+ years old parents, from asking whether we need restroom breaks to making sure that our lunch were all according to our dietary needs. We had great 3 days in Beijing.We also visited Luoyang. Our travel advisor arranged a Business class seat for our high speed train to Luoyang. We were picked up at the station by our guide in Luoyang, Lisa. We then visited Dengfeng to see Songyang academy, shaolin temple, Luoyang grottoes. She also took care of us very well and very knowledgeable about the history.More
, Jan 2024
2 days in the mountains
Alvin was attentive and good company. He went to the extra effort to show us things we were interested in viewing and provided detailed information.More
Robert Fleming, Jan 2024
Amazing trip in China
Guides were Mark in Beijing, Jenny in Xi’an, Frank in Guilin/Yangshuo and Kris and Peter in Shanghai. I can’t say enough how wonderful each of them were to us. They worked very hard to give us a five star tour. The drivers were five star as well. Our hotels were very clean and wonderful with a great breakfast buffet each morning. Our guides would take us to a great locals place for lunch each day and then dinner we were on our own, but each guide would give us fantastic places to go. I know without a doubt our trip was exceptional due to booking with Liberman at China Highlights Tour Company.More
Mary Ann Brady, Jan 2024
China Highlights is Excellent
Jenny was the tour guide in Xian, showed us the terracota warriors found in 1974 by a farmer behind a mountain masoleum, with projected ongoing excavations for next 100 years. Made clay model terracota warriors.Jenny is very enthusiastic and bubbly, helped us all the way, from picking up us from train station to dropping us off at the airport.More
Brahma P, Jan 2024
Datong, China's best kept secret!
I've had multiple guides for different locations with China highlights but Joy was exceptional. She was easy to talk to, super knowledgeable and also amazingly organised. When visiting the Yungang grottoes not only did I get wonderful explanations of the symbolism of the cave carvings and history of the art styles but Joy even prepared a notepad for the commemorative stamps available there so that I had a souvenir to tax home with me.More
Kris, Jan 2024
Itinerary 1: A 10-Day Classic Itinerary Covering Israel, Jordan, and Egypt
For first-timers, this time-smart itinerary would allow you to enjoy the most popular highlights in Israel, Jordan, and Egypt.
You would start from Israel's holiest city, Jerusalem, then enjoy the magical Dead Sea in Jordan for a weightless floating experience, and appreciate the Giza pyramid complex, the Temple of Luxor, and the Valley of the Kings in Egypt.
Here is the suggested itinerary:
- Days 1–2: Jerusalem, the ancient holy city with the famous Western Wall
- Day 3: The Dead Sea, effortlessly floats at the lowest point on Earth
- Days 4–5: Petra, a beautiful rose-colored ancient city with rock-cut architecture
- Day 6: Amman, the bustling capital and the largest city of Jordan
- Days 7–8: Cairo, a vibrant metropolis full of ancient architecture
- Day 9: Luxor, the biggest open-air museum of temples in the world
- Day 10: Return to Cairo to depart from Egypt
You would start your trip by landing in Tel Aviv in Israel, then transfer to Jerusalem in about an hour to see the Night Spectacular light show. During your days in Jerusalem, you would visit the Western Wall and its tunnels to fully understand the conflict and sacredness of religion, and discover the Temple Mount, which was the location of so many events in the Bible.
Then, you would go to the Dead Sea in Jordan as your next stop, since it could offer a magical experience of effortlessly floating as well as a mineral-rich mud spa to soothe your nerves and body. The journey would continue to Petra, where you would witness its UNESCO World Heritage Site — a rose-colored sandstone city.
In addition, you would travel back to Amman, the capital of Jordan, for a city tour and food adventure before departing from Jordan and flying to Cairo, the capital of Egypt.
Landing in Cairo, an hour's drive would bring you to Giza to see the spectacular pyramids and the Great Sphinx, where you could ride a camel to marvel at these spectacles.
Finally, you would end your trip by visiting the historical sites along the drive to Luxor, such as the Valley of Kings to see the pharaohs' tombs, the Temple of Horus, and the Temple of Luxor to witness the glorious old days of the gods of Egypt.
Do you find this itinerary interesting? Contact us and we will help you to customize your unique private tour so that it meets all of your needs.
Do you happen to have a vacation that exceeds 10 days? Check out this tour package: 15-Day Best of Israel, Jordan, and Egypt Family Tour
Itinerary 2: A 10-Day Relaxing Itinerary Embracing Israel, Jordan, and Egypt
Slower than the classic route, this 10-day itinerary focuses on relaxation and includes a Nile cruise in Egypt and one night's camping in the Wadi Rum desert in Jordan. It's very popular with couples and families wishing to celebrate an anniversary, birthday, or graduation.
Since the departure time of the cruise ship is basically fixed and we don't want any unforeseen circumstances to disrupt your travel plans, we believe that starting your trip from Egypt and ending it in Israel would be the most reasonable choice.
Here is the suggested itinerary:
- Days 1–2: Cairo — explore the mystery behind the pyramids and sphinxes
- Days 3–5: A Nile cruise from Aswan to Luxor — enjoy some quality time with your family
- Day 6: The Dead Sea — watch the sunset at the lowest point on Earth
- Day 7: Petra —hike through the centuries-old rose-colored city
- Day 8: Wadi Rum — appreciate peaceful and magical hours under the starry night sky
- Days 9–10: Take a city tour in Jerusalem, then depart from Israel
You would start your trip by arriving in Cairo, the capital of Egypt, and do a day trip to Giza to see the incredible pyramids and sphinxes, thinking about the myths and mysteries that have been left for us mortals to ponder.
Next, you would fly to Aswan to board the Nile cruise ship and start your 4-day cruise along the Nile River to Luxor.
During your cruise, you would explore the sights around the Nile, such as the Philae temple complex, the Temple of Horus, and Luxor Temple. What's more, you could have some quality time with your loved one(s) by enjoying authentic Egyptian cuisine or partying with the crew on board.
After the amazing 4-day cruise, you would fly to Amman, the capital of Jordan. You would participate in a foodie adventure during a city tour in Amman as a warm welcome, then you would take a private transfer to the Dead Sea for a beautiful sunset and a weightless floating experience.
Subsequently, you should save some strength for the 1-hour hike in Petra, the UNESCO World Heritage site, where you would be surprised by this ancient city that has been entirely carved out of rose-colored sandstone and has survived for centuries.
Then you would explore the Wadi Rum desert by taking a drive in a jeep, visiting the local Bedouin tribes, and camping in the desert overnight in a half-transparent tent. Just imagine what it would be like when night falls — you and your loved one(s) could cuddle under the starry night sky while staring at the bright galaxies. It would be something that is beyond words.
You would end your trip by staying for 2 days in the holiest city of Israel, Jerusalem, and visiting its highlights, including the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, and the Church of the Nativity to feel the divine atmosphere and religious vibe in the air.
When you choose a private tour to visit these three countries, you may want more privacy and intimate time with your loved one(s), so we would arrange a dahabiya cruise boat for you.
Unlike other cruise types with dozens of cabins, dahabiyas only have 6–12 cabins for about 15 passengers. While enhancing your privacy, the service quality and infrastructure of a dahabiya would also be better suited to your needs.
Itinerary 3: A 10-Day Biblical Itinerary Traversing Israel, Jordan, and Egypt
This itinerary is designed for those who want to spend more time in Israel and experience the deep religious connections to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
On this trip, we want to offer you a perfect blend of adventure, exploration, and cultural immersion, from the modern delights of Tel Aviv to the natural beauty of Jordan, and the ancient wonders of Egypt.
Here is the suggested itinerary:
- Day 1: Tel Aviv, the vibrant and cosmopolitan hub of Israel
- Day 2: Haifa, the beautiful seaside city with the Hanging Gardens
- Days 3–5: Jerusalem, the ancient holy city with the famous Western Wall
- Day 6: The Dead Sea, effortlessly floating at the lowest point on Earth
- Day 7: Petra, a stunning rose-colored city with rock-cut architecture
- Day 8: Wadi Rum, the desert with a unique moon-like landscape
- Days 9–10: Visit the Giza pyramid complex in Cairo, then depart from Egypt
Upon your arrival in Tel Aviv, you could take some time to immerse yourself in this vibrant city that's known for its beautiful beaches, lively markets, and rich cultural heritage.
The next morning, you would go to Caesarea to explore the well-preserved Roman Theater and the remains of a Roman temple. Later, you would continue your adventure to Haifa, a beautiful seaside city, to witness the magnificent Hanging Gardens and the Shrine of the Bab.
Then you'd visit Nazareth, the biblical city where Jesus grew up, and the Sea of Galilee, where it is believed Jesus walked on water. During the day, you would be fully immersed in the serene atmosphere and feel the rich spiritual significance of these sacred places.
Jerusalem is the reason that most travelers choose to pay a visit to Israel as it's the holiest city in Israel — the most famous center of cultures and religions. You would visit the Western Wall, dive into the ancient streets of the Old City, and wander around the bustling markets of the Arab Quarter. Led by the Arabic food aroma, you could fall in love this city due its sacredness and timeless promise.
Subsequently, you would stay by the Dead Sea in Jordan for one night. Enjoy the extraordinary experience of floating weightlessly, and soothe your nerves and body before your trip to Petra.
Petra is renowned as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Trekking for about an hour to the Treasury, with a most iconic facade, you would be amazed by this rose-colored sandstone city because of its size and aesthetic architecture.
After spending one night in Petra, you would take a day trip to the Wadi Rum desert for an adventure deep in the desert. You would appreciate the otherworldly moon-like landscape by jeep and marvel at the vast desert expanses. As night falls, you could settle into a half-transparent tent and gaze at the starry sky, surrounded by an immense silence.
Finally, you would spend your days in Cairo, the bustling capital of Egypt, to explore the wonders of the Giza pyramid complex and the Egyptian Museum where you would see an extraordinary collection of artifacts, including the priceless treasures of Tutankhamun.
How Much Does a 10-Day Trip to Israel, Jordan, and Egypt Cost?
Typically, a private 10-day trip to Egypt, Jordan, and Israel costs about US$2,500–4,000 per person based on a group of 2–4 people.
The estimated cost includes 4-star hotels, a full-day itinerary, tickets for attractions, transportation, a private car, and a private guide. However, these vary between countries both in terms of cost and service level:
- Egypt: approximately US$200–300 per day per person
- Jordan: approximately US$250–350 per day per person
- Israel: approximately US$600 and above per day per person
Please be aware that high-season price rises also apply to Middle Eastern areas during holidays, such as Christmas and New Year, and the best season weather-wise from November to February. At these times, prices increase by more than 30%.
We suggest planning your trip ahead of time and booking your flights and hotels at least 6 months in advance. Or you can simply choose to travel with Global Highlights and we will provide a wonderful, smooth trip for you, allowing you to enjoy your vacation without any of the logistical stress.
Why Travel with Global Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 12-Day Journey Through Egypt and Jordan's Ancient Lands
- 2-Week Egypt and Jordan Family Adventure Tour
- 15-Day Best of Israel Jordan and Egypt Family Tour
- 15-Day Morocco and Egypt Highlights Tour
- 18-Day Egypt Jordan and Israel's Treasures Discovery Tour
- 24-Day Panoramic Middle East Bible Journey
- Thailand Tours
- Vietnam Tours 2024/2025: Unique Personalized Experiences
- Top Private Turkey Tours 2024/2025: Personalized and Stress-free
- How to Plan a 7-Day Itinerary in Israel and Jordan
- How to Plan a 7-Day Egypt and Jordan Itinerary (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a 10-Day Israel, Jordan, Egypt Itinerary
- How to Plan a 2-Week Itinerary in Egypt and Jordan
- 2-Week Jordan and Israel Itineraries for First-Timers
- How to Plan a 2-Week Egypt, Jordan, and Israel Trip: the Top 2 Itinerary Ideas
- 3-Week Itineraries to Egypt, Jordan, and Israel for First-Timers
- How to Plan a Trip to the Middle East 2024/2025 & Itinerary Ideas
- How to Plan a Trip to Egypt and Jordan in 2024/2025
- How to Plan a Trip to Egypt, Jordan, and Israel in 2024/2025
- How Long to Spend in the Middle East 2024: Itinerary Guide
- Best and Worst Times to Visit the Middle East in 2024/2025
- Weather in Egypt in January 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in February 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in March 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in April 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in May 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in June 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in July 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in August 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in September: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in October 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in November 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in December 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers