Unforgettable Family Adventure
Create unforgettable memories together with your loved ones in this Egypt and Jordan family vacation.
Discover iconic pyramids, Great Sphinx, the Valley of the Kings, magical temples, stone city of Petra, and Wadi Rum's desert, enjoy a foodie tour and experience the healing properties of the Dead Sea.
We are happy to customize this itinerary for your family by accommodating your specific interests, adjusting the scheduling, or planning special themed events and activities for occasions such as birthdays, marriage anniversaries, or children's entertainment.
International on request
Egypt Jordan Family Adventure Tour Map (Suggested Route)
|Witness the captivating evolution of the Pyramids firsthand.|
|Uncover Aswan and Luxor's wonders aboard a Dahabiya cruise.|
|Return to Cairo.|
|Explore ancient wonders in Amman and Jerash.|
|Discover the unique allure of Petra and Wadi Rum.|
|13||Return to Amman and Depart|
- Monica Mo
- 8 years of travel advisor experience
- Has helped 5,000+ clients
Our trip to Li Jiang and Shaxi Yunnan
We arrived at Lijiang on 9/8. We enjoyed the time in Lijiang a lot with good hotel selection and a well planned program. We went onto Shaxi for the local singing festival of the local minority groups. It was a fantastic experience. What makes the trip most memorable is our guide Alice. She took excellent care of us, anticipating our every need. She was personable, warm and very knowledgeable. We shared many laughters and traded stories. She brought smiles to us during the entire trip. We will specifically ask for her again when we come back to Yunnan. Five star service.More
Consumer, Sep 2023
Great trip around Shanghai
This was our first time ever visiting Shanghai so we wanted to see good places to go to and good food to eat in Shanghai. That's why we booked with China Highlights. They're very responsive and quick to arrange our 3 day trip. Our guide name is Qi and she is a very sweet and helpful person. She knew we wanted to explore many local foods, so she brought us some local breakfast foods when she picked us up from our hotel, just so we can try everything! She was knowledgeable as well about the culture and history of the places we went to. Will definitely recommend this tour and use China Highlights again for our next trip to China!More
Sherry, Sep 2023
Great way to see the city
Private tour with China highlights made seeing Xi'an super easy. We saved a lot of time with a private driver, and our guide Jenny took really good care of us, sending instructions for where to meet once getting off the train and made everything feel really safe and easy. She also accommodated a number of last minute changes to our itinerary without batting an eye. She was very patient, knowledgeable and friendly. It was great having a guide who grew up locally in the area to show us around (which is not always the case, from my previous experiences elsewhere). Would definitely recommend!More
Stephanie N, Sep 2023
One Day Beijing Trip (Great Wall, Summer Palace) With Jennifer
My tour guide Jennifer made this quick one day trip to Beijing great! The day started out a bit overcast and rainy when I landed, but Jennifer’s positive attitude and kind communication (along with her being able to keep up/put up with my jokes) made it fine.Despite this, Jennifer and our driver Chen were able to swing an extra photo shoot stop at the Olympic Stadium. I guess it gives me an excuse to come back to visit again, and when I do - I will use China Highlights and this great fantastic team.More
Alan Landau, Sep 2023
Mervyn is what we call a perfect tour guide!
Mervyn is what we call a perfect tour guide! She is extremely informative all the way through. She knows hers stuff and she is also enthusiastic, knowledgeable, personable and very willing to help. The whole day was perfect. A great amount of walking and a lots of physical activity ( hiking) and she was all smiling, accommodating and keeping us informative. She was absolutely the best tour guide we've ever encountered in China. Her English is perfect! Everything was so well organized. Her knowledge of the local culture and history is impressive. FantasticMore
pdaroundthewrorld, Sep 2023
Best Great Wall experience
Used China Highlights for a private all-day tour of Jinshanling portion of the Great Wall. One of the best days of my life! Tour guide Alan and a driver met me at my hotel and the ride was very comfortable. Alan was extremely knowledgable and friendly, I really enjoyed talking with him. The scenery was astoundingly beautiful; this is a less touristy portion of the Wall. The hiking was fun, Alan brought plenty of water, and showed me things I would not have noticed by myself. On the way back to the hotel, we stopped at a local restaurant for lunch that Alan had arranged - delicious! Once in a lifetime experience.More
LZviajera, Sep 2023
Our tour guide was Mervyn, and she was amazing! She had great knowledge of Xi'an and the silk road, and we learned so many things we didn't know before. The Muslim quarter is a must-see, with so many streets of food. Terracotta warriors were breathtaking. We did a Hanfu experience and enjoyed walking the city at night in our tang Dynasty outfits. We wish we spent more than 2 days here as there's so much to do. Definitely recommend this tour and will be visiting again!More
Laura A, Sep 2023
Unforgettable trip to Guilin
We enjoyed an incredible two day trip in Guilin, taking a brief half-day boat cruise on the Li River and cycling around Yangshuo in the afternoon with our guide Gary. Gary met us at the airport and made us feel very welcome, providing us with five-star service. He gave us a lot of insight about Guilin and the Guangxi region and even gave us a tai chi lesson on the boat. He provided us excellent dining suggestions for the evening as well as suggestions of things to do. Thank you Gary for making our trip to Guilin so memorable!More
Regis B, Sep 2023
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
We were paired with great guides on every city, very knowleadgeble and hardworking people that made our trip fabulous. Jack in Beijing was brilliant and very resourceful making sure we enjoyed the city even when he wasn't with us. In Xi'An we were paired with Crystal that was incredibly smart and made sure we felt we had not only a guide but a friend to rely on in Xi'An, we loved how she made sure we tried the best food and fruit available and helped us from arrival to departure from Xi'An. Finally, kudos to Gary (Wei Li) that worked with us in Guiling and Yangshuo. Gary is a local to Guiling and truly proud of his city and origins. We learned a lot from him and he trully went above and beyond to ensure we had a great time in Guiling adjusting the itinerary to our liking and taking time to explain everything. On our flight out of Guiling we had a bit of an issue with our tickets (booked by ourselves) and Gary promptly lent a hand to help us sort it out with the airport staff, trully a champion. If you are heading to Guiling with Chinahighlights, make sure to have Gary as your guide.More
Moises, Sep 2023
Our guide, Linda, was by far the best person to have for our tours of The Forbidden City, Tianamen Square, and Mutianyu Great Wall. She was an encyclopedia with great knowledge of Chinese History and was able to explain every detail of what we were seeing. She picked us up with a very nice car and driver from our hotel both days, at the time most convenient to us, and dropped us back off wherever we wanted at the end of our tours. Both the Forbidden City and the Great Wall are marvels of human and Chinese achievements and are a must to see in Beijing. Visiting them both with a tour guide that feels more like a friend was certainly helping enjoying it even more.More
Robin Z, Sep 2023
Stunning Yellow Mountain and beautiful Ancient Villages
We had the most fantastic experience with our tour guide, Jack Fan, who is very knowledgeable about the Yellow Mountain and was able to get us quickly to the most stunning highlights. He was our "photographer" anytime we wanted a photo and that was very often. We made the most of our time having him guiding us. He was truly the mountain man as he is a local there. He is very passionate about what he does. He loves history, nature, and travel, which is a must for a guide. He provided historical facts about the stunning Ancient villages at Hong Cun and Xidi. He answered any questions we had about history, nature, and current things we had. I felt like he was a professor, and we were his students in a very good way. He was NEVER late, and neither was our driver. They never bought us anywhere to "sell" us things. He took us to buy tea only when we asked to buy a specific tea, staying much later than he should have! I wanted to check out lotus and rice fields, which was not on the itinerary, but he squeezed it in for us. We were very well taken care of. I highly recommend Jack for a tour guide who speaks English.More
annemompt, Sep 2023
An Unforgettable Tibetan Adventure - Qinghai Train Ride Y971
I recently embarked on an unforgettable journey to Tibet, a land steeped in mysticism and rich cultural heritage. My train trip on the famous scenic Qinghai route on train Y971 Lhasa played a significant role in making this trip an extraordinary experience.Upon my arrival in Lhasa via an overnight train, I was warmly welcomed by the guide assigned Tenzin Lhatse. He had waited for more than 3 hours as he was not informed there was a change in the train schedule. Nontheless, it did not dampen his warm attitude and the seamless transferfrom the train station to the hotel set a positive tone for my stay.The highlight of my stay was undoubtedly the visit to the iconic Potala Palace. The sheer grandeur and architectural brilliance of this historic site left me in awe. The guidance of my knowledgeable tour guide, who revealed the stories behind each shrine, enriched my experience. However, the strict visitor limits and rules underscored the importance of preserving this ancient marvel. The Old Barkhor Street Walking Tour was a journey through time. From Jokhang Temple to the bustling local market, each stop offered insights into Tibetan daily life and folk customs. The Pandatsang Compound's history and the cup of Tibetan sweet tea at Ani Tsangkhung Nunnery added unique flavors to the tour.Overall, my journey through Tibet was an incredible odyssey into a world of spirituality, culture, and natural beauty. I'm glad to have taken this step with my wife to challenge the train ride which was totally worthy of this lifetime.More
GOH-family-tours, Sep 2023
Wonderful trip to the Chinese Silk Road
Special shout out to our guide for the Gansu leg, Helen, who was the most caring guide we have come across in all of our travels. Make sure you ask for her!More
ED, Sep 2023
Fantastic first trip in Shanghai
My partner and I were visiting China for the first time. Our tour guide was Martin, who was friendly and very knowledgeable. He adjusted the tour to our needs and gave us an extensive tour of Shanghai as well as many fascinating insights on China. He also went above and beyond and offered us plenty of recommendations on what to do in the evenings, how to get there, and even made bookings for us. Martin, thanks again!More
Regis, Sep 2023
Yangshuo is magical from the misty…
The guide Lily has a great knowledge in hidden gems and the history about the places. Very memorable experience that i have thanks to them.More
Dony Yugo, Sep 2023
Beijing is AMAZING
Linda Wang our amazing tour guide helped us to have an unforgettable trip to all the best of Beijing. From organizing the driver (also excellent) to drop us/pick us up exactly when we were leaving busy tourist sites, excellent food recommendations, fascinating knowledge relevant to us and our children (13yo and 11yo) making The Forbidden City, Tiannamen Square, Great Wall, Beijing Zoo and The Hutongs thoroughly enjoyable. Handling all the entrance/exit passport and ticket requirements, interpreting, answering any questions we had about local culture, we were so comfortable and happy, never rushed, everything you could want and more.More
Michelle A, Sep 2023
Incredible 2 day tour of Jiuzhaiguo
Our tour guide Mary spoke perfect English, was so nice to us and took us to all the best sights in Jiuzhaiguo. It was an unforgettable tour with incredible views!More
Declan O, Sep 2023
Helen is the best Panda tour guide going around!
I had a fantastic Panda tour with Helen in Chengdu City. From the moment she picked me up, my energy was low from a heap of travelling, but Helen quickly brought me up a notch with her breathtaking passion for Pandas. Not only did she provide a fantastic experience accommodating my every need, but she was also a genuinely kind and joyful company to tour the city with. I can't recommend Helen enough - you won't regret it!More
Isaac C, Sep 2023
Two days in Xi’an
What an amazing few days in Xi’an! Our guide Jenny was first class - very knowledgeable and very helpful, she went out of her way to make sure we had the best experience like ordering us coffees & food and booking dinners for us. The highlight was of course visiting the Terracotta Warriors, but we also really enjoyed visiting a local family to make dumplings. Can’t recommend this trip and Jenny enough!More
Marvin K, Sep 2023
Fantastic experiences in Guilin and the beautiful surroundings together with Vincent.
Go44854472794, Sep 2023
- Welcome to the captivating land of Egypt! Our English-speaking representative will meet you inside the airport and assist you with your Egyptian Visa on Arrival.
- Have a warm and informative intro to Egypt during your private airport transfer in the company of our knowledgeable representative.
- In the morning, our private guide and driver will meet you at your hotel for an exciting full-day Cairo tour.
- Begin the day by exploring some of the earliest examples of Pyramid architecture in Saqqara and Dahshur, including the Step Pyramid, Bent Pyramid, and the Red Pyramid.
- Take a Camel Ride for a more-memorable experience of exploring the Giza pyramids(about 30 minutes).
- Witness the majestic Great Pyramids on the Giza plateau, an awe-inspiring representation of ancient Egypt's civilization.
- Enter the Pyramid of Khafre and explore the secret chambers inside.
- Discover the captivating beauty of the Great Sphinx that once mesmerized Napoleon, presenting a striking scene against the vast desert backdrop.
- Delve into the history of Coptic Cairo, visiting the Hanging Church, St. George Church, St.Sergius and Bacchus Church, as well as the Babylon Fortress.
- Discover the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities*, a remarkable repository showcasing the treasures of ancient Egypt, including the famed Tutankhamun collection.
- Venture into the Khan el-Khalili Bazaar and immerse yourself in a maze of local shops.
- Embark on a delightful Cairo foodie with your private guide, and become acquainted with the city's lively essence and flavors.
- *The Grand Egyptian Museum(GEM) is expected to open at the end of 2023. GH will replace the Egyptian Museum with GEM by then.
- A private transfer to Cairo Airport for your flight to Aswan is provided.
- Upon your arrival at Aswan airport, meet your guide and visit the High Dam.
- Embark on a scenic motorboat ride and explore the magnificent Temple of Philae.
- Enjoy lunch onboard.
- Spend the night on the cozy dahabiya ship.
- Explore the unique double-design temple dedicated to two sets of gods: the Kom Ombo Temple.
- Immerse yourself in the rock temple and uncover the Speos of Horemheb at Gebel el-Silsila.
- Enjoy dinner in the serene atmosphere of the illuminated temple grounds.
- Take a horse carriage ride to discover the fantastically well-preserved Temple of Horus .
- Immerse yourself in an unforgettable Egyptian Evening of Fun while savoring a delectable dinner.
- Disembark from your ship after breakfast. A Private transfer between the cruise and Luxor City is provided.
- Explore Valley of the Kings with your guide and learn about ancient Egyptian funerary practices by entering three of the royal tombs.
- Discover the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut which is the only pharaoh's temple on the west bank of the Nile river.
- Have a photo stop at the massive Colossi of Memnon.
- Marvel at Luxor Temple's pillared hall and admire the stunning reliefs on the walls.
- A private transfer for your flight to Cairo is provided.
- Stay the night at a Cairo Airport hotel.
- Walk to the Cairo Airport Terminal 3 for your morning flight to Amman.
- Upon arrival at Amman airport, our representative will greet you and assist you through customs.
- Explore the Citadel in Amman's old city and followed by the Roman Theater.
- A Private transfer to your Dead Sea resort is provided.
- Your private driver will meet you and whisk you away to Jerash.
- Pass by the Hadrian's Arch and the Hippodrome before reaching the Visitor Center.
- Explore this ancient Roman complex with a 1.5-hour guide service.
- Enter Jerash via the South Gate, and then proceed to the Forum, followed by the Zeus Temple, the South Theater, the churches of Peter and Paul, the Artemis Temple, and the North Theater. Conclude the visit by strolling along the Cardo (main street) and returning to the entrance.
- Visit Bethany beyond Jordan where Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.
- Spend an afternoon discovering the wonders of the Dead Sea.
- Head to Petra with your private driver.
- Uncover the secrets of Mount Nebo, the Biblical site where Moses first glimpsed the Promised Land.
- Delight in the intricate Byzantine Mosaic Map of Jerusalem and Palestine, found on the floor of Saint George's Church in Madaba.
- Settle into your Petra hotel and, after nightfall, immerse yourself in the captivating atmosphere of Petra by Night.
- Explore the enchanting sandstone city of Petra with a 2-hour guided service.
- Walk along the Siq and admire the impressive steep walls on both sides.
- Encounter the Treasury, a majestic carved monument that appears unexpectedly at the end of the Siq.
- Wander around the Street of Facades and discover the Tomb of Unayshu, the Amphitheater, the Royal Tombs, and the Colonnaded Street along the way.
- Marvel at the size of the Monastery, which is almost twice that of the Treasury and equally stunning in its craftsmanship.
- Head back to your hotel for a night's stay in Petra.
- A chauffeur will greet you and escort you on a one-day excursion to the magnificent Wadi Rum desert.
- Switch to a local jeep or 4x4 vehicle and enjoy a 3-hour safari through Mars-like valleys.
- Explore these epic red canyons and visit landmark sites such as the Seven Pillars of Wisdom, Lawrence's Spring, Khazali Canyon, Small rock arch, Lawrence's House, Anfashieh Inscriptions, and Sand Dunes during the safari.
- Head back to your Petra hotel for the night.
- Enjoy a private transfer to Amman Airport in time for your flight home.
start planning your tailor-made trip with 1-1 help from our travel advisors.
Marriott Mena House
Sonesta Dahabeya Amirat
Kempinski Ishtar Dead Sea
Mövenpick Resort Petra
*Price from: $2,899 per child, $3,655 per adult
*The price is based on a family of 3 adults with 1 child below 12 years old. If your family has 6 or more members, we can offer an even competitive price than what is stated. (tour code: gh-me-1)
Your 1:1 travel consultant will reply within 1 working day. Over 50% of our clients complete their bookings within 10 days of submitting their inquiry.
Why Travel with Global Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 15-Day Morocco and Egypt Highlights Tour
- 24-Day Panoramic Middle East Bible Journey
- 15-Day Best of Israel Jordan and Egypt Family Tour
- 12-Day Journey Through Egypt and Jordan's Ancient Lands
- Middle East Tours 2023/2024: Personalized and Stress-free
- 18-Day Egypt Jordan and Israel's Treasures Discovery Tour
- 1-Day Egypt Pyramids and Museums Tour
- 9-Day Essential Egypt Tour with Nile Cruise
- 10-Day Private Egypt Active Family Expedition Tour
- 12-Day Egypt Luxury Tour with Abu Simbel
- 9-Day Egypt Tour with Mount Sinai
- Best and Worst Times to Visit Egypt and Jordan 2023/2024
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Israel and Jordan 2023/2024
- 2-Week Jordan and Israel Itineraries for First-Timers
- Best and Worst Times to Visit the Middle East in 2023/2024
- How Long to Spend in the Middle East 2023: Itinerary Guide
- How to Plan a 7-Day Egypt and Jordan Itinerary (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a 10-Day Egypt Itinerary (Best 4 in 2023/2024)
- How to Plan a Trip to the Middle East 2023/2024 & Itinerary Ideas
- Best and Worst Times to Visit Egypt 2023/2024
- Planning a 2-Week Egypt Itinerary 2023/2024: Best 5 Options
- How to Plan a Trip to Egypt 2023/2024 & Itinerary Ideas
- How to Plan a Family Trip to Egypt in 2023/2024
- Weather in Egypt in January 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in February 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in March 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in April 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in May 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in June 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in July 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in August 2024: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in September 2023: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in October 2023: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in November 2023: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Weather in Egypt in December 2023: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips