Egypt, Jordan, and Israel are one of the popular combos among the Middle East trips. Three weeks is great to have if you want to see most of the highlights of Egypt, Jordan, and Israel.
In this article, we aim to help you get inspired with our top two highly-praised 3-week travel itineraries, specifically designed for families and couples.
How to Spend Your 3 Weeks in Egypt, Jordan, and Israel
Traveling to these three countries, you're advised to start from either Egypt or Israel to save time on transportation. As for the time allocation, we recommend spending most of your time in Egypt owing to its comparatively vast land area with diverse experiences.
A classic Egypt tour usually covers Cairo, Luxor, and Aswan. The pyramids, a Nile cruise, and the grand temples are not to be missed on a first-time visit. Hurghada offers the best beach vacations on the Red Sea. 7 to 12 days are recommended to discover its highlights.
Petra, Wadi Rum, and the Dead Sea form the basis of Jordan tours. You could go on a quick 5-day essential tour or embark on an 8-day in-depth exploration.
When taking a multi-country trip, many make a short stop in Israel to pilgrimage to Jerusalem for 4 days. If you have any specific interests in Israel, we're always happy to customize a dream-fulfilling trip for you.
Discover real reviews of Highlights Travel Family's best-rated service across trusted platforms.
Mi esposo y yo, tuvimos la oportunidad de visitar la hermosa ciudad de Xian, la muralla de la ciudad, los guerreros de terracota, el barrio musulmán, todo esto con la mejor guia del mundo mundial!!! Susana, quien aparte de ser super simpática, tiene un gran conocimiento de la ciudad, la historia de los lugares y monumentos y aparte está siempre al pendiente de cualquier cosa que necesites y va más allá par hacerte tener una experiencia excelente, nos quedamos con ganas de regresar. Gracias x todo!!More
Betty A, Feb 2024
Shanghai is an amazing mix of modern and historical China. Our guide Kris was great and very flexible when it came to completing the itinerary which was helpful considering the poor weather + visibility on the first day when we were supposed to visit Shanghai tower. Walking along the river front (bund) area was a big highlight for us.More
Explore49612084715, Feb 2024
We traveled to Shanghai in Jan/Feb 2024 with China Highlights. Shanghai is an amazing mix of modern and historical China. Our guide Kris was great and very flexible when it came to completing the itinerary which was helpful considering the poor weather + visibility on the first day when we were supposed to visit Shanghai tower. Walking along the river front (bund) area was a big highlight for us.More
Lydia, Feb 2024
Shanghai trip for Mihail
Me and my wife had a trip to China and part of it we spent in Shanghai. Our private tour guide was Kris Lee and I have to say he was very much up for the task. His knowledge of China's history was quite comprehensive and more than I could have expected. If only I could have that kind of memory. His level of English exceeded my expectations and that of course served us very well not only in understanding the Chinese culture, traditions, way of life, etc, but also allowed us to order meals, drinks, make purchases, ask whatever questions coming to mind, making us comfortable to experience the place without the inherent language issues we could have had otherwise. All in all Kris Lee is certainly an asset for any travel agency from ChinaMore
Mihail D, Feb 2024
Mi esposo y yo, tuvimos la oportunidad de visitar la hermosa ciudad de Xian, la muralla de la ciudad, los guerreros de terracota, el barrio musulmán, todo esto con la mejor guia del mundo mundial!!! Susana, quien aparte de ser super simpática, tiene un gran conocimiento de la ciudad, la historia de los lugares y monumentos y aparte está siempre al pendiente de cualquier cosa que necesites y va más allá par hacerte tener una experiencia excelente, nos quedamos con ganas de regresar. Gracias x todo!!
Daisy was our guide for 3 days in Dali. She was the best guide we have had in China. She was very warm. Just like a close friend. She was extremely knowledgeable about the culture and history of the area. She took many pictures of us even without our asking her to.Her English was excellent!More
David, Feb 2024
Daisy was an amazing guide
Daisy was an amazing guide. She took us to the old town, on a boat ride, and to Sha xi. She was very warm. She explained everything in detail and answered all of our questions. She made us feel very welcome.More
文 文, Feb 2024
1 Day in Beijing
Nice views, Not too much people, Jessi (guide ) so friendly and she have a great service & she knows the answer of all your questionsMore
Fernando J, Feb 2024
Zhangjiajie/ Spectacular scenery and great taste of local culture.
Zhangjiajie immediately went to the top of our list of natural attractions in the world. The landscapes are fascinating and unique. We really valued the guidance by China Highlights. Roger was good accommodating to our needs during the planning phase. In the actual trip Linda provided us with knowledgeable and passionate guidance. She was very personable and respectful at the same time. Her advice was critical to be able to see so much - as in every park or area there are multiple buses to move around. She showed us the best spots at the best time.Local restaurant selection was good. One piece of advice- make sure to specify how much spice you enjoy in your food. Local food can be quite spicy.More
Raul C Mexico city, Jan 2024
Private trip in Beijing and Luoyang
We spent 3 days in Beijing with Helen as our guide. We went to TianAnMen, Forbidden City and MuTianYu Great Wall to name a few. Helen took great care of us and is very attentive as I travel with my 60+ years old parents, from asking whether we need restroom breaks to making sure that our lunch were all according to our dietary needsMore
Iriana Iriana, Jan 2024
An excellent day with Linda
Linda (Ling ling)is a great tour guide,provide a lot of knowledge and history of the great wall,and took us to taste very delicious food too,we had a very good time with her!highly recommend her!More
Angeline Lim, Jan 2024
Great time in Beijing with Bruce
We stayed in Beijing for three days altogether. We went to the summer palace. the Tian'an'men square, the Forbidden City,the Temple of heaven and the Great Wall. Our tour guide Bruce is very friendly and speaks English fluently. He explained every scenic spot to us patiently and humorously. my family are very satisfied with his service.More
Mayra C, Jan 2024
Profesional and detail oriented
My last stop was Shanghai. I was greeted by Martin. It is pretty much a 1 day itinerary there. Martin took me to all the stops and introduced me to a cool tea house not on the agenda. With the extra time we had we also stopped Starbuck’s Reserve which is the largest in the world. Martin also helped me make reservations at the Old Jazz Club at the Fairmont Hotel.More
Megan Sandbothe, Jan 2024
We recently spent 4 days with Alvin hosting us throughout Huangshan, Tunxi and Hongcun. The scenery was spectacular, hotels quirky, food excellent and knowledge and passion from Alvin was so invaluable and also fun! Would highly recommend.More
Joanne, Jan 2024
Great couple days in Shanghai. Thanks to my guide Martin for showing me best of Shanghai. Great work by China team - trip very well organised.More
Steve P, Jan 2024
Amazing experience !!!
Great tour! Very flexible and our tour guide Chris was so amazing that he adjusted to our last time request there! I totally recommend this tour !!More
Victor A, Jan 2024
Private trip in Beijing and Luoyang
We spent 3 days in Beijing with Helen as our guide. We went to TianAnMen, Forbidden City and MuTianYu Great Wall to name a few. Helen took great care of us and is very attentive as I travel with my 60+ years old parents, from asking whether we need restroom breaks to making sure that our lunch were all according to our dietary needs. We had great 3 days in Beijing.We also visited Luoyang. Our travel advisor arranged a Business class seat for our high speed train to Luoyang. We were picked up at the station by our guide in Luoyang, Lisa. We then visited Dengfeng to see Songyang academy, shaolin temple, Luoyang grottoes. She also took care of us very well and very knowledgeable about the history.More
, Jan 2024
2 days in the mountains
Alvin was attentive and good company. He went to the extra effort to show us things we were interested in viewing and provided detailed information.More
Robert Fleming, Jan 2024
Amazing trip in China
Guides were Mark in Beijing, Jenny in Xi’an, Frank in Guilin/Yangshuo and Kris and Peter in Shanghai. I can’t say enough how wonderful each of them were to us. They worked very hard to give us a five star tour. The drivers were five star as well. Our hotels were very clean and wonderful with a great breakfast buffet each morning. Our guides would take us to a great locals place for lunch each day and then dinner we were on our own, but each guide would give us fantastic places to go. I know without a doubt our trip was exceptional due to booking with Liberman at China Highlights Tour Company.More
Mary Ann Brady, Jan 2024
China Highlights is Excellent
Jenny was the tour guide in Xian, showed us the terracota warriors found in 1974 by a farmer behind a mountain masoleum, with projected ongoing excavations for next 100 years. Made clay model terracota warriors.Jenny is very enthusiastic and bubbly, helped us all the way, from picking up us from train station to dropping us off at the airport.More
Brahma P, Jan 2024
Datong, China's best kept secret!
I've had multiple guides for different locations with China highlights but Joy was exceptional. She was easy to talk to, super knowledgeable and also amazingly organised. When visiting the Yungang grottoes not only did I get wonderful explanations of the symbolism of the cave carvings and history of the art styles but Joy even prepared a notepad for the commemorative stamps available there so that I had a souvenir to tax home with me.More
Kris, Jan 2024
3-Week Itinerary for Couples: Romantically Exploring the Best of Egypt, Jordan, and Israel
the Great Sphinx
If you're looking for a romantic getaway with immersive cultural experiences, this itinerary is best for you.
Adding some exclusive experiences would brighten your romantic trip further and create lifetime memories. You and your partner could take a camel ride to discover the iconic pyramids, go for a sunrise balloon ride over Luxor, and join in a candle-lit night experience in Petra.
There are still more romantic experiences in the following handcrafted itinerary with 9 days in Egypt, 8 days in Jordan, and 4 days in Israel. You could also let us know your interests and we would happily tailor-make your dream trip.
9 Days in Egypt
- Days 1–4 in Cairo (pyramids, the Great Sphinx, museums, bazaars, and El Tannoura dance show, a day trip to Alexandria)
- Days 5–6: Nile cruise from Luxor (cruise check-in, Luxor Temple, the Karnak temple complex, the Valley of the Kings, the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, the Colossi of Memnon)
- Day 7: Nile cruise (the Temple of Kom Ombo and the Temple of Horus in Edfu)
- Days 8–9: Nile cruise, disembarking in Aswan (Aswan city tour visiting the High Dam, the Temple of Philae, the Unfinished Obelisk, and Abu Simbel; cruise check-out)
When traveling in Egypt, your trip is not completed without pyramids. In addition to the most famous Giza complex, we have specially arranged a visit to the more peaceful Saqqara for the Step Pyramid (the oldest pyramid in Egypt). You could also capture sunrise and sunset photos with mesmerizing pyramid views effortlessly from our handpicked boutique hotel.
A Nile cruise is not to be missed for a relaxing romantic escape. To get away from the chaotic groups, you're recommended to take our carefully selected small boats (just for 10–12 people). You'll have more exclusive experiences on board and offshore, offering more intimate hours.
8 Days in Jordan
- Days 10–11 in Amman (the Citadel, the ancient city of Jerash, Mount Nebo, a foodie tour)
- Days 12–14 in Petra (sandstone city of Petra, Petra by Night)
- Days 15–16 in Wadi Rum (Martian landscapes in Wadi Rum, a desert safari, desert camping with stargazing)
- Day 17 at the Dead Sea in Jordan (Bethany Beyond the Jordan, floating on the Dead Sea)
In Jordan, Petra presents you with a lost civilization that once lived in a significant sandstone city. The impressive Petra by Night would bring a tranquil and romantic occasion to you and your loved one. You can also enjoy the seemingly-magic power of nature when floating without trying on the Dead Sea.
For once-in-a-lifetime moments, you and your beloved could go camping on a desert safari in Wadi Rum with unique bubble-shaped tents, starry nights, and exotic bonfire parties. Contact us to create your own special occasions!
4 Days in Israel
- Days 18–21 in Jerusalem (the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Mount of Olives)
As the holy land, Israel is a region unlike any other, and Jerusalem is the pearl of Israel. Discover the secrets of Jerusalem's Old City, including the Western Wall in the Jewish Quarter and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in the Christian Quarter. Contact us to personalize your Israel trip if you would like to visit more biblical sites, for example.
Beach time is not included in this itinerary. If you want some relaxing beach time, we suggest adding 4–7 days in Hurghada, Egypt or Aqaba, Jordan. They offer a superior experience and better value for your money compared with beaches in Israel.
A 3-week Pilgrimage Trip to Egypt, Jordan, and Israel
With this Bible-based trip, you'd delve into the holy Jerusalem and Galilee in Israel, discover the Jordan River baptismal site, one of the oldest Saint George's Church and Mount Nebo in Jordan, and then explore Coptic Cairo (Christian area) and Mount Sinai in Egypt.
Here is a typical pilgrimage tour itinerary for your reference: 8 days in Egypt, 6 days in Jordan, and 7 days in Israel. Or click Create My Trip and we'll customize your ideal trip based on your preferences.
7 Days in Israel
- Days 1–2 in Tel Aviv (the ancient city of Jaffa with a sunset dinner )
- Days 3–4 in Tiberias (a cruise tour of the Sea of Galilee, the Golan Heights, and the Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth)
- Days 5–7 in Jerusalem (the Western Wall and its tunnels, the Via Dolorosa, the Mount of Olives, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, a spectacular night view, and a day trip to Bethlehem)
Besides the holy Jerusalem, you ll head off the beaten path and explore iconic religious sites, such as Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee in Tiberias.
Sacred sites in Israel may experience variations in their opening hours and accessibility during Fridays and Saturdays, in observance of the Sabbath and other religious holidays. Our travel experts, who are well-informed about the latest updates, will design the optimal itinerary for your needs.
6 Days in Jordan
- Days 8–9 at the Dead Sea in Jordan (Bethany Beyond the Jordan, floating on the Dead Sea, a day trip to Amman with a food tour and ancient relics)
- Days 10–11 in Petra (Mount Nebo, Saint George's Church in Madaba, highlights of the sandstone city of Petra, and Petra by Night)
- Days 12–13 in Wadi Rum (a desert safari and camping)
Your pilgrimage trip will continue to Jordan. You won t want to miss Mount Nebo, where Moses is said to have seen the Promised Land, and Bethany Beyond the Jordan, where Jesus was baptized.
8 Days in Egypt
- Days 14–15 in Cairo (the Giza pyramid complex with a camel ride, Coptic Cairo including the Hanging Church, Wadi El Natrun, the Khan el-Khalili market, and the Egyptian Museum)
- Days 16–17 in Luxor (the Valley of the Kings, the Karnak temple complex, sunrise balloon rides, and sunset felucca sail on the Nile)
- Days 18–21 in Sharm El Sheikh (Saint Catherine's Monastery and a trek up Mount Sinai, snorkeling, diving, and relaxing on the beach)
You have the opportunity to trace the path of the Holy Family, from the desert monasteries in Wadi El Natrun to the shores of the Red Sea and the sacred summit of Mount Sinai.
Trekking up Mount Sinai is a must for pilgrims. Saint Catherine's, nestled beneath it, is also a place worth visiting. Instead of trekking with the flocking groups at midnight, we ll arrange a day hikefor a more peaceful experience.
What could be more enticing than unwinding on the beach after an exhilarating hike? Sharm El Sheikh is one of the best choices for abundant luxury beachfront resorts and stunning sea views.
How Much Does a 3-Week Egypt, Jordan, and Israel Tour Cost?
For families or couples traveling in Egypt, Jordan, and Israel, a private personalized tour can provide an exclusive and stress-free experience. Your private tour guides would also help you to fully understand their countries' rich histories and religious traditions.
These three countries have different cost levels. If you take a private tour, the costs in Israel are the highest at US$500+ per day per person, while an Egyptian tour costs the lowest at US$150–250 per day per person. A private Jordan tour falls in the range of US$200–300 per day per person.
Therefore, for a 3-week private Egypt, Jordan, and Israel tour, you would usually need to pay approximately US$15,000–21,000 for a couple's trip, excluding the international airfares to and from your home country. You can learn more price details in our popular Middle East tours>>>
To save costs, you could invite your wider family or some friends to share the costs and create a memorable journey together. You could also contact us 3-6 months in advance to get some early-bird booking perks.
Personalizing Your Middle East Trips With Us
You are warmly welcomed to have us customize your own trip based on your group size, interests, and other needs. Sit back and use our Create My Trip service.
In addition to the above itineraries, we also have other itineraries you may be interested in:
Why Travel with Global Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 12-Day Journey Through Egypt and Jordan's Ancient Lands
- 2-Week Egypt and Jordan Family Adventure Tour
- 15-Day Best of Israel Jordan and Egypt Family Tour
- 15-Day Morocco and Egypt Highlights Tour
- 18-Day Egypt Jordan and Israel's Treasures Discovery Tour
- 24-Day Panoramic Middle East Bible Journey
- Thailand Tours
- Vietnam Tours 2024/2025: Unique Personalized Experiences
- Top Private Turkey Tours 2024/2025: Personalized and Stress-free
- How to Plan a 7-Day Itinerary in Israel and Jordan
- How to Plan a 7-Day Egypt and Jordan Itinerary (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a 10-Day Israel, Jordan, Egypt Itinerary
- How to Plan a 2-Week Itinerary in Egypt and Jordan
- 2-Week Jordan and Israel Itineraries for First-Timers
- How to Plan a 2-Week Egypt, Jordan, and Israel Trip: the Top 2 Itinerary Ideas
- 3-Week Itineraries to Egypt, Jordan, and Israel for First-Timers
- How to Plan a Trip to the Middle East 2024/2025 & Itinerary Ideas
- How to Plan a Trip to Egypt and Jordan in 2024/2025
- How to Plan a Trip to Egypt, Jordan, and Israel in 2024/2025
- How Long to Spend in the Middle East 2024: Itinerary Guide
- Best and Worst Times to Visit the Middle East in 2024/2025
- Weather in Egypt in January 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in February 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in March 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in April 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in May 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in June 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in July 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in August 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in September: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in October 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in November 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in December 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers