Two weeks is a great amount of time for an in-depth exploration of Egypt, from the iconic pyramids to the stunning Nile, with extra time for things like relaxing beach time and sacred Mount Sinai.
More popularly, you're recommended to combine Egypt with one or two other countries, such as Morocco, Jordan, or Israel, for your 2-week vacation.
Read on to find out more about some itinerary suggestions. We'd be thrilled to tailor an itinerary just for you, taking into account your unique interests — maybe you're celebrating a graduation, having a special romantic occasion, embracing retirement… or simply looking for a well-planned and ideally-suited vacation.
- Itinerary 1: Slow-Paced Egypt Relaxation
- Itinerary 2: In-Depth Tour with the White Desert
- Itinerary 3: Egypt and Jordan
Itinerary 1: A 2-Week Egypt Tour for Slow-Paced Relaxation
If you're looking for a laid-back way to explore Egypt, this itinerary is tailor-made for you.
In this itinerary, you'll spend 3 days in Cairo to uncover some hidden gems beyond the pyramids. Then, head to Alexandria for a taste of Mediterranean charm.
Taking a leisurely 4-day Nile River cruise, you'll get to experience the true beauty of the Nile and its remarkable temples along the way.
To top it all off, you'll soak in unbeatable ocean views and dive into a paradise of underwater wonders in Hurghada.
You could get inspiration from the following itinerary: Cairo – Alexandria – a Nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan – Hurghada.
Days 1–3 in Cairo
- Activities: the Giza pyramid complex, Saqqara, the Cairo Citadel, the Egyptian Museum, the Khan el-Khalili market, and the El Tannoura Dance Show
The pyramids are at the top of most bucket lists for a Cairo trip, or even an Egypt trip. To enrich your pyramid experience, we have specially arranged a visit to the more peaceful Saqqara for the Step Pyramid (the oldest pyramid in Egypt).
Travel with us and you'll also have the opportunity to stay at our carefully-selected boutique hotel, offering breathtaking views of the pyramids. You can capture stunning sunrise and sunset pictures effortlessly.
Days 4–5 in Alexandria
- Activities: The Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa, the Lighthouse of Alexandria, and the Library of Alexandria
In Alexandria, don't miss its archaeological treasures, such as the Qaitbay Citadel, Pompey's Pillar, and the Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa.
To enhance your experience, take a leisurely sunset walk and dine at seafront restaurants.
Days 6–9 Nile Cruise From Luxor to Aswan
- Day 6: Nile cruise from Aswan (cruise boarding, the High Dam, the Temple of Philae, and the Unfinished Obelisk)
- Day 7 on the Nile cruise (Edfu Temple, Kom Ombo Temple)
- Days 8–9: Nile cruise to Luxor (Valley of the Kings, the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, the Colossi of Memnon, and the Karnak Temple Complex, and cruise check-out)
Escaping from bustling Cairo, you'd relax on a 4-day Nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan taking in picturesque scenery and majestic temples. For once-in-a-lifetime romantic occasions, don't miss a sunrise balloon ride over Luxor and a sunset felucca trip in Aswan. Instead of joining the group tours offered by cruise companies, we'd provide private tour guides for all of your onshore excursions.
Days 10–14 in Hurghada
- Activities: snorkeling and diving, relaxing on the beach, and desert safari along with the visit to a Bedouin village
Finally, you'd perfectly conclude your trip in Hurghada, a beach town filled with a laid-back atmosphere. You could dive, snorkel, or just completely relax on the beach.
A desert safari nearby Hurghada also adds a thrilling feel to your trip!
Discover real reviews of Highlights Travel Family's best-rated service across trusted platforms.
Mi esposo y yo, tuvimos la oportunidad de visitar la hermosa ciudad de Xian, la muralla de la ciudad, los guerreros de terracota, el barrio musulmán, todo esto con la mejor guia del mundo mundial!!! Susana, quien aparte de ser super simpática, tiene un gran conocimiento de la ciudad, la historia de los lugares y monumentos y aparte está siempre al pendiente de cualquier cosa que necesites y va más allá par hacerte tener una experiencia excelente, nos quedamos con ganas de regresar. Gracias x todo!!More
Betty A, Feb 2024
Shanghai is an amazing mix of modern and historical China. Our guide Kris was great and very flexible when it came to completing the itinerary which was helpful considering the poor weather + visibility on the first day when we were supposed to visit Shanghai tower. Walking along the river front (bund) area was a big highlight for us.More
Explore49612084715, Feb 2024
We traveled to Shanghai in Jan/Feb 2024 with China Highlights. Shanghai is an amazing mix of modern and historical China. Our guide Kris was great and very flexible when it came to completing the itinerary which was helpful considering the poor weather + visibility on the first day when we were supposed to visit Shanghai tower. Walking along the river front (bund) area was a big highlight for us.More
Lydia, Feb 2024
Shanghai trip for Mihail
Me and my wife had a trip to China and part of it we spent in Shanghai. Our private tour guide was Kris Lee and I have to say he was very much up for the task. His knowledge of China's history was quite comprehensive and more than I could have expected. If only I could have that kind of memory. His level of English exceeded my expectations and that of course served us very well not only in understanding the Chinese culture, traditions, way of life, etc, but also allowed us to order meals, drinks, make purchases, ask whatever questions coming to mind, making us comfortable to experience the place without the inherent language issues we could have had otherwise. All in all Kris Lee is certainly an asset for any travel agency from ChinaMore
Mihail D, Feb 2024
Mi esposo y yo, tuvimos la oportunidad de visitar la hermosa ciudad de Xian, la muralla de la ciudad, los guerreros de terracota, el barrio musulmán, todo esto con la mejor guia del mundo mundial!!! Susana, quien aparte de ser super simpática, tiene un gran conocimiento de la ciudad, la historia de los lugares y monumentos y aparte está siempre al pendiente de cualquier cosa que necesites y va más allá par hacerte tener una experiencia excelente, nos quedamos con ganas de regresar. Gracias x todo!!
Daisy was our guide for 3 days in Dali. She was the best guide we have had in China. She was very warm. Just like a close friend. She was extremely knowledgeable about the culture and history of the area. She took many pictures of us even without our asking her to.Her English was excellent!More
David, Feb 2024
Daisy was an amazing guide
Daisy was an amazing guide. She took us to the old town, on a boat ride, and to Sha xi. She was very warm. She explained everything in detail and answered all of our questions. She made us feel very welcome.More
文 文, Feb 2024
1 Day in Beijing
Nice views, Not too much people, Jessi (guide ) so friendly and she have a great service & she knows the answer of all your questionsMore
Fernando J, Feb 2024
Zhangjiajie/ Spectacular scenery and great taste of local culture.
Zhangjiajie immediately went to the top of our list of natural attractions in the world. The landscapes are fascinating and unique. We really valued the guidance by China Highlights. Roger was good accommodating to our needs during the planning phase. In the actual trip Linda provided us with knowledgeable and passionate guidance. She was very personable and respectful at the same time. Her advice was critical to be able to see so much - as in every park or area there are multiple buses to move around. She showed us the best spots at the best time.Local restaurant selection was good. One piece of advice- make sure to specify how much spice you enjoy in your food. Local food can be quite spicy.More
Raul C Mexico city, Jan 2024
Private trip in Beijing and Luoyang
We spent 3 days in Beijing with Helen as our guide. We went to TianAnMen, Forbidden City and MuTianYu Great Wall to name a few. Helen took great care of us and is very attentive as I travel with my 60+ years old parents, from asking whether we need restroom breaks to making sure that our lunch were all according to our dietary needsMore
Iriana Iriana, Jan 2024
An excellent day with Linda
Linda (Ling ling)is a great tour guide,provide a lot of knowledge and history of the great wall,and took us to taste very delicious food too,we had a very good time with her!highly recommend her!More
Angeline Lim, Jan 2024
Great time in Beijing with Bruce
We stayed in Beijing for three days altogether. We went to the summer palace. the Tian'an'men square, the Forbidden City,the Temple of heaven and the Great Wall. Our tour guide Bruce is very friendly and speaks English fluently. He explained every scenic spot to us patiently and humorously. my family are very satisfied with his service.More
Mayra C, Jan 2024
Profesional and detail oriented
My last stop was Shanghai. I was greeted by Martin. It is pretty much a 1 day itinerary there. Martin took me to all the stops and introduced me to a cool tea house not on the agenda. With the extra time we had we also stopped Starbuck’s Reserve which is the largest in the world. Martin also helped me make reservations at the Old Jazz Club at the Fairmont Hotel.More
Megan Sandbothe, Jan 2024
We recently spent 4 days with Alvin hosting us throughout Huangshan, Tunxi and Hongcun. The scenery was spectacular, hotels quirky, food excellent and knowledge and passion from Alvin was so invaluable and also fun! Would highly recommend.More
Joanne, Jan 2024
Great couple days in Shanghai. Thanks to my guide Martin for showing me best of Shanghai. Great work by China team - trip very well organised.More
Steve P, Jan 2024
Amazing experience !!!
Great tour! Very flexible and our tour guide Chris was so amazing that he adjusted to our last time request there! I totally recommend this tour !!More
Victor A, Jan 2024
Private trip in Beijing and Luoyang
We spent 3 days in Beijing with Helen as our guide. We went to TianAnMen, Forbidden City and MuTianYu Great Wall to name a few. Helen took great care of us and is very attentive as I travel with my 60+ years old parents, from asking whether we need restroom breaks to making sure that our lunch were all according to our dietary needs. We had great 3 days in Beijing.We also visited Luoyang. Our travel advisor arranged a Business class seat for our high speed train to Luoyang. We were picked up at the station by our guide in Luoyang, Lisa. We then visited Dengfeng to see Songyang academy, shaolin temple, Luoyang grottoes. She also took care of us very well and very knowledgeable about the history.More
, Jan 2024
2 days in the mountains
Alvin was attentive and good company. He went to the extra effort to show us things we were interested in viewing and provided detailed information.More
Robert Fleming, Jan 2024
Amazing trip in China
Guides were Mark in Beijing, Jenny in Xi’an, Frank in Guilin/Yangshuo and Kris and Peter in Shanghai. I can’t say enough how wonderful each of them were to us. They worked very hard to give us a five star tour. The drivers were five star as well. Our hotels were very clean and wonderful with a great breakfast buffet each morning. Our guides would take us to a great locals place for lunch each day and then dinner we were on our own, but each guide would give us fantastic places to go. I know without a doubt our trip was exceptional due to booking with Liberman at China Highlights Tour Company.More
Mary Ann Brady, Jan 2024
China Highlights is Excellent
Jenny was the tour guide in Xian, showed us the terracota warriors found in 1974 by a farmer behind a mountain masoleum, with projected ongoing excavations for next 100 years. Made clay model terracota warriors.Jenny is very enthusiastic and bubbly, helped us all the way, from picking up us from train station to dropping us off at the airport.More
Brahma P, Jan 2024
Datong, China's best kept secret!
I've had multiple guides for different locations with China highlights but Joy was exceptional. She was easy to talk to, super knowledgeable and also amazingly organised. When visiting the Yungang grottoes not only did I get wonderful explanations of the symbolism of the cave carvings and history of the art styles but Joy even prepared a notepad for the commemorative stamps available there so that I had a souvenir to tax home with me.More
Kris, Jan 2024
Itinerary 2: A 2-Week Egypt Adventure with the White Desert
If you're active and seek a well-rounded adventure to Egypt, this 2-week itinerary is specifically designed for you. Beyond the iconic highlights, you could explore off-the-beaten-path destinations, like the White Desert and Mount Sinai.
You can get some inspiration from the following itinerary.
- Days 1–3 in Cairo (the Giza pyramid complex, Saqqara, the Cairo Citadel, the Egyptian Museum, the Khan el-Khalili market, and the El Tannoura Dance Show)
- Days 4–6 in Bahariya (Bahariya Oasis, Crystal Mountain, the Black Desert, the White Desert, and desert camping)
- Day 7-8 in Aswan (Abu Simbel, the Philae temple complex, and 1-hour scenic felucca ride on the Nile)
- Days 9–10 Luxor (Luxor city tour with the Luxor Temple, the Karnak temple complex, the Valley of the Kings, the temple of Queen Hatshepsut, and sunrise hot air balloon ride)
- Days 11–14 in Sharm El Sheikh and Mount Sinai (snorkeling and diving, relaxing on the beach)
If you're an adventure seeker, the White Desert offers a unique escape. Spend your nights stargazing and camping in solitude, making this experience truly one-of-a-kind.
Additionally, you'd have something adventurous and spiritual to look forward to: trekking up Mount Sinai where Moses received the Ten Commandments from God.
Traveling to both areas, it's best to take a private tour to take care of the government's special permission requirements.
Itinerary 3: 14 Days in Egypt and Jordan
Egypt and Jordan is one of the popular combos among first-time Middle East trips. Two weeks is ideal to have a good overview of both countries: the magnificent pyramids, the grand sandstone city of Petra, the stunning Nile, and the magical Dead Sea.
For an idea of what's possible, see the following well-organized Egypt–Jordan itinerary with 1 week in Egypt and 1 week in Jordan:
- Days 1–3 in Cairo (the Giza pyramid complex, the Great Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, the Hanging Church, the Citadel of Cairo, food tours, and the Khan el-Khalili market)
- Days 4–7 on a Nile cruise from Aswan to Luxor (the Philae temple complex, the Temple of Kom Ombo, the Colossi of Memnon, the Temple of Horus, the Luxor Temple, and the Karnak temple complex)
- Days 8–10: fly to Amman, Jordan and enjoy the Dead Sea with sightseeing in the area, then in Amman (Hadrian's Arch, Bethany Beyond the Jordan, the Citadel and the Roman Theater, and the ancient city of Jerash)
- Days 11–12 in Petra (Mount Nebo, Saint George's Church in Madaba, the Siq, the Treasury, the Monastery, and Petra by Night)
- Days 13–14 in Wadi Rum (a desert safari and desert camping)
With this itinerary, you'd mainly focus on the best of each country. In Egypt, you'd discover the golden route: Cairo, Luxor, and Aswan with a Nile cruise — the highlight of many an Egypt trip. Away from the large groups on package-trip Nile cruises, you'd embark on a traditional dahabiya Nile cruise that is just for 10–12 people.
Your Jordan trip would not be complete without the Dead Sea, Petra, and a desert safari in Wadi Rum. Floating on the Dead Sea is a must for a family trip to Jordan. Couples could savor secluded and intimate moments together during a desert camping experience in Wadi Rum.
Learn about yet more exclusive activities on our popular 2-week Egypt and Jordan tour.
Itinerary 4: 2-Week Morocco and Egypt Highlights Tour
If you want to see the Nile, the pyramids, and Africa from both edges of the Sahara Desert in one trip, go on this itinerary to discover the best of North Africa.
Traveling in an energetic-to-relaxing tour sequence, you'll have a road trip around the Sahara Desert from Casablanca to Marrakech in your 8-day visit to Morocco. After that, you can marvel at the world-famous pyramids and relax on a Nile River cruise during your 6-day Egypt trip.
Check out a carefully-crafted itinerary below:
- Days 1–2 in Casablanca and Rabat, Morocco (the Mosquée Hassan II, the Kasbah des Oudaias, Hassan Tower, the Mausoleum of Mohammed V, and the Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail)
- Day 3 in Fes (Mosque and University of Al-Kairaouine, the Al-Attarine Madrasa, Chouara Tannery, and Nejjarine Museum of Wooden Arts and Crafts)
- Days 4–5 in Erfoud and Erg Chebbi (a Sahara Desert safari and desert camping)
- Day 6 in Ouarzazate (Todra Gorge and Ait Benhaddou)
- Days 7–8 in Marrakech (the Saadian Tombs, the Bahia Palace, the Koutoubia Mosque, Djemaa el-Fna Square, and a caleche ride around the city walls)
- Days 9–10 in Cairo (the Giza pyramid complex, the Great Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, and Khan el-Khalili markets)
- Days 11–14 on a Nile cruise from Aswan to Luxor (Luxor Temple, the Philae temple complex, the Colossi of Memnon, and the Temple of Horus)
Contrasting Egypt's rich history, Morocco stands out for its renowned and unparalleled North Africa scenery, including the Sahara Desert.
A desert safari with camping would create lifelong memories, especially for milestone celebrations. Families with kids rarely say no to this vast sandy playground with spectacular views. Couples, on the other hand, can fully indulge in the romantic intimacy of private moments under a starlit sky.
To fully delve into the local life, we have specially designed a walking tour of Fes, a hot-air balloon ride, and an authentic medina hammam experience (Moroccan spa treatments) in Marrakech.
Insider tip: If you're thinking about desert camping, we recommend traveling between March and May, or September and November for the most pleasant weather.
Itinerary 5: Egypt, Jordan, and Israel in 2 Weeks
Combining the epitome of the Middle East, Egypt, Jordan, and Israel is the top choice for family trips, anniversary milestones, and first visits.
This 2-week itinerary allows first-time travelers to efficiently explore the must-see attractions in these three countries at a comfortable tour pace.
You'd start your trip from the holy city of Jerusalem in Israel, then head to Jordan for the Dead Sea and mysterious Petra, and conclude your trip in Egypt with the majestic Giza pyramids and a leisurely Nile cruise.
You could check out the following carefully-crafted itinerary for inspiration: 7 days in Egypt, 3 days in Israel, and 4 days in Jordan.
- Days 1–3 in Jerusalem (the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Mount of Olives, and a sound and light show)
- Days 4–5 at the Dead Sea in Jordan (Bethany Beyond the Jordan, floating on the Dead Sea, a day trip to Amman with a food tour and ancient relics)
- Days 6–7 in Petra (hiking through the sandstone city of Petra, Petra by Night, and a day-trip excursion to Wadi Rum)
- Days 8–9 in Cairo (the Giza pyramid complex, the Great Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, food tours, the Khan el-Khalili market, and El Tannoura dance show)
- Days 10–11 on a Nile cruise from Luxor (cruise check-in, the Luxor Temple, the Karnak temple complex, the Valley of the Kings, the temple of Queen Hatshepsut, and the Colossi of Memnon)
- Day 12 on a Nile cruise (the Temple of Kom Ombo and the Temple of Horus in Edfu)
- Days 13–14 on a Nile cruise disembarking in Aswan (a city tour to visit the Aswan High Dam, the Philae temple complex, the Unfinished Obelisk, Abu Simbel, and cruise check-out)
If you would like some leisurely beach time, consider extending your trip to the more cost-effective Hurghada in Egypt or Eilat in Jordan for 3–4 days.
How Much Does a 2-Week Egypt Tour Cost?
You can expect the price of a 2-week private Egypt tour to be about US$2,000–3,800 per person. Children under 10 can receive discounts of between 30% and 50%.
The bigger your family or the more friends you invite, the more money you can save. Going right before or after the peak time (November to March) is beneficial to save some costs and still catch the transition of the good weather period. If you're celebrating Christmas and New Year in Egypt, consider departing before December 20th for more affordable international flight tickets.
You might want to contact us 3-6 months in advance for some early-bird benefits. Specializing in customized private tours, we are experts at optimizing your costs. You'd have a unique and personalized travel experience that goes beyond traditional group tours, including worry-free private transfers, character-filled boutique hotels, and authentic local food experiences.
You could find more details in How Much Does a Trip to Egypt Cost? >>>
Traveling to Egypt With Us
You are warmly welcomed to have us customize your own trip based on your group size, interests, and other needs. Sit back and use our Create My Trip service.
For inspiration, you could also see the following popular Egypt tours:
Why Travel with Global Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 9-Day Essential Egypt Tour with Nile Cruise
- 9-Day Egypt Tour with Mount Sinai
- 10-Day Private Egypt Active Family Expedition Tour
- 12-Day Egypt Luxury Tour with Abu Simbel
- 12-Day Best Egypt Tour with Sharm El Sheikh
- 12-Day Journey Through Egypt and Jordan's Ancient Lands
- 2-Week Egypt and Jordan Family Adventure Tour
- 15-Day Egypt and Kenya Highlights Tour
- 15-Day Morocco and Egypt Highlights Tour
- 16-Day Grand Egypt Tour with White Desert
- How to Plan a 7-Day Egypt Itinerary 2024/2025: Top 6 Options
- Top 6 Egypt Itineraries for 8 Days (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a 10-Day Egypt Itinerary (Best 4 in 2024/2025)
- Top 4 Egypt Itineraries for 12-Day Trips (2023/2024)
- Planning a 2-Week Egypt Itinerary 2024/2025: Best 5 Options
- 2-Week Jordan and Israel Itineraries for First-Timers
- How to Plan a 3-Week Egypt Itinerary (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a Trip to Egypt 2024/2025 & Itinerary Ideas
- How to Plan a Trip to Egypt and Jordan in 2024/2025
- How to Plan a Family Trip to Egypt in 2024/2025
- How to Plan a Luxury Trip to Egypt in 2024/2025
- Best and Worst Times to Visit Egypt 2024/2025
- Weather in Egypt in January 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in February 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in March 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in April 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in May 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in June 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in July 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in August 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in September: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in October 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in November 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Weather in Egypt in December 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers